⛹ Ishan Sharma Official Thread

Ishan Sharma on Instagram: "100% COMMITTED..CAVALIER NATION LETS WORK ⚔️ @uvamenshoops"

29 Likes

My player comp is higher ceiling Tomas Woldotensae.

Wahoo2023 on theSabre mentioned Hunter Catoor as a player comp and I think that fits as well.

15 Likes

As the great people of Canada would say…

Now that’s what I’m talkin aboot.

6 Likes

Aww man I forgot about the Leaf System LOL

https://twitter.com/wesblairbrown/status/1715130662997328179

23 Likes

Tony finally got his first 5 leaf

27 Likes

https://twitter.com/middyenthusiast/status/1677699765348495363

12 Likes

@HoozGotNext blurb on instagram

“Sharma comes to Virginia to add much needed at shooting. At 44% from 3 on high volume, Sharma is a scorcher from deep, capable of using length (6’5”) and a bevy of step back moves to get his shot off. Sharma will likely be the last addition to Virginia’s 2024 class
:crossed_swords:
Ishan Sharma, PF Jacob Cofie, and PG Christian Bliss (reclass and redshirt) make up Virginia’s 2024 class. By adding Sharma’s shooting and length, the Hoos will have one of the most well balanced rosters in the country for years to come”

23 Likes

People are saying Woldo (even though he’s a lefty), but I think he’s Ty Jerome (I think everyone is Ty Jerome lol), but he has a nice enough handle, seems to be able to pass, and can shoot it.

Man this highlight video got me excited, he seems to be a better ball handler than I thought previously.

Updated to Add: Ty is more of a *set shooter, meanwhile Ishan is a jump shooter like Kyle Guy, OR from UNC PJ Hairston (He was a good shooter):

Official Highlights | North Carolina Guard P.J. Hairston - YouTube

9 Likes

WTF Hoos recruiting Canadians now? There goes the neighborhood

9 Likes

Ty Jerome has a craftiness to his game in terms of scoring in iso and getting to the rim. Sharma is a better 3pt shooter out of HS but I dont think he has a strong ability to get to the rim/that craftiness just yet. Something he will have to develop if he wants that as a part of his game. Can you remember Woldo or Catoor ever taking a layup? Whens the last time you saw Seth Curry in the NBA go for a lay up? Shooters shoot. The rest deal with the other stuff.

3 Likes

His shooting reminds me of PJ Hairston:

Official Highlights | North Carolina Guard P.J. Hairston - YouTube

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1715134750938013709

6 Likes

Now that I’ve thought about it- I can see him playing a role similar to Woldo, not required to run an offense, but will cause a lot of gravity and will hit some shots:

(18) Wake Forest’s Tomas Woldetensae Hit 7 3s And Scores Career-High - YouTube

5 Likes

He gonna get a NIL from Tim Hortons?

13 Likes

Next SGA, who says no?

4 Likes

I might actually tune in at 7:30 est… pathetic lol. HGN shared this in the recruiting thread. Sharma’s team plays tonight

4 Likes

Might be a little too ambitious of a player comp given we’re talking about a pretty under the radar prospect here, but his play style reminds me of Max Strus. Not super flashy, but I love the way he moves off ball and finds pockets to get his shots off. Also seems like someone who can act as a secondary ball handler if needed, which TB always likes to have at his 2/3 spots.

5 Likes

Want to just commend him on doing the thing a chunk of other recruits sometimes don’t: getting the offer he wanted and immediately jumping on it when it seemed like a great fit.

I also totally understand guys waiting to see if they have more options - depending on the guy it can make a lot of sense and also be a rational choice - but sometimes it backfires too. But Sharma saw what he liked and locked it down!

24 Likes

If we’re going to take an under-the-radar, I like to see one of two attributes:

1. A big, athletic shot blocker
  2. An elite shooter

I’m good with this commitment. He’s not going to scare off higher rated players, but could definitely have an impact.

8 Likes