⛹ Jacob Cofie - Official Thread

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1703574575919808706

45 Likes

8 Likes

Looks like he has some nasty in him, I love it. Between Dunn, BB, A Rob, and now Cofie, I think we got some mean mfs in the front court!! Need that toughness up front!

21 Likes

Almost everyone who follows UVa recruiting is sitting and waiting on Kon. And honestly, so am I but Cofie was the guy UVa had to have. Kid has all the tools to be really good.

32 Likes

Currently imagining teams trying to score on a Bond, Cofie, BB/ARob frontcourt and just cackling maniacally

10 Likes

Wahoowa. I really like this guy. He’s a very important part of the puzzle

4 Likes

Tony deserves a shoutout too. Getting the pieces we need. Now we wait for the icing on the cake

12 Likes

Yeah it was mentioned near the bottom of the article by HGN, but TB has put together three straight classes now that are pretty much all top 150 guys. The lone player that’s not is ARob and it sounds like the staff seems to think they found a diamond in the rough with him. Very encouraging developments on the trail, and we’ve got a chance to top it off with Kon and a star studded 2025 class.

23 Likes

Feel like with this addition, and the young guys we have, we’re set up to be a top 10-12 team for the next few years. KK is the difference between being one of the best, and being a 1 seed the next couple of NCAAT’s.

6 Likes

CTB is loading up for a special ride over the next 4-5 yrs. This is going tu be fun

30 Likes

Letterkenny GIF by Crave

4 Likes

Jacob Cofie Tapes:

7 Likes

30 Likes

Need someone to hunt down a clip of him shooting where we can see his form. In the heavily edited videos it looks a little “non traditional” to say the least.

Edit: this is the best I could find. Shot looks better than I thought

80 likes, 5 comments - skillsetsandbandreps on August 20, 2023: "Jacob has really matured as a player and taken his work ethic to a new level. His mid post game, ..."

Instagram link

4 Likes

Well, now we have an Isaac and a Jacob on the roster for the near future. Which begs the question, is the staff pursuing any Abrahams or Josephs? I figure Elijah is just icing on the cake! :grin:

18 Likes

I love this addition. I would have been good with any of the forward targets, but I really like that Cofie offers some rim protection. Having a secondary rim protector raises the ceiling for TB’s defenses, as it makes it less risky to be very aggressive hedging ball screens.

12 Likes

Cofie with great fundamentals for a big (ish) guy at a young age. I see Braxton Key

12 Likes

All my homies love Braxton Key.

9 Likes

Fills a massive need, the only true “hole” in the 2024 class, especially if he can play some face-up offense to help with spacing while also having the athleticism and mobility to cover smaller 4’s on defense. Love the size and physicality and think he’s going to be great on the boards, and also let us play “small” by taking over the center spot when we want a guy like Jacob Wilkins at the 4.

10 Likes

Braxton Key, but a better shooter and a better handle.

Totally agree with @StLouHoo. If we’ve still got Dunn in 24-25, we’ve got some crazy length, athleticism, and rim protection. And don’t sleep on ARob!

5 Likes