Jay Wright Retiring

Now I hope it is not health related?

1 Like

The speculation is itā€™s just burnout. Seems like heā€™s done what he wanted to, just time to enjoy himself.

4 Likes

Yeah, they really need another 5 star. What would they do without him?

Tony Bennett seeing this news come across his desk and slamming a big red button that says ā€œJORDAN LONGINOā€

2 Likes

That sucks for college basketball. Hopefully itā€™s not health related.

8 Likes

Sadly, Iā€™m guessing it wonā€™t be too long before weā€™re going through what Nova fans are going through tonight.

3 Likes

Out of respect for Wright, TB isnā€™t going to go after any of Novaā€™s players.

3 Likes

From what I know with people close is that we arenā€™t far off at all. Enjoy what we have for however long we have it.

3 Likes

We have as long as Isaac McKneely is in school lol then heā€™s out

Let me guess that Musselman is already on the horn.

1 Like

Yeah, I think weā€™re looking at 3-5 years. Just based on what Iā€™ve read on the boards.

4 Likes

Yeah and then either Williford or interim williford + national search while williford gets his ā€œProve it and you get the jobā€ audition.

Yep. Weā€™ve been damn lucky to have him and Iā€™m sure as heck not going to take any seasons for granted.

3 Likes

Step 1) Get Trey Patterson
Step 2) Have him spend the entire summer with Hunter and Rasheed Wallace and Damin Altizer
Step 3) Proffit from having a 6ā€™9/6ā€™10 DeAndre Hunter on the team.

3 Likes

Guess I donā€™t follow this logic? Wouldnā€™t Wright want his guys to go to a coach who would do right by them like TB or Painter?

1 Like

Ridiculous if true

Fordham?

There is some speculation on their board about his wifeā€™s health but nothing more than unsubstantiated rumors. Do hope everything is okay though.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Stealing this point from another board, but refreshing that heā€™s not doing a year-long ESPN-fueled victory lap like you-know-who.

11 Likes