Jay Wright Retiring

Now I hope it is not health related?

1 Like

The speculation is it’s just burnout. Seems like he’s done what he wanted to, just time to enjoy himself.

4 Likes

Yeah, they really need another 5 star. What would they do without him?

Tony Bennett seeing this news come across his desk and slamming a big red button that says “JORDAN LONGINO”

2 Likes

That sucks for college basketball. Hopefully it’s not health related.

8 Likes

Sadly, I’m guessing it won’t be too long before we’re going through what Nova fans are going through tonight.

3 Likes

Out of respect for Wright, TB isn’t going to go after any of Nova’s players.

3 Likes

From what I know with people close is that we aren’t far off at all. Enjoy what we have for however long we have it.

3 Likes

We have as long as Isaac McKneely is in school lol then he’s out

Let me guess that Musselman is already on the horn.

1 Like

Yeah, I think we’re looking at 3-5 years. Just based on what I’ve read on the boards.

4 Likes

Yeah and then either Williford or interim williford + national search while williford gets his “Prove it and you get the job” audition.

Yep. We’ve been damn lucky to have him and I’m sure as heck not going to take any seasons for granted.

3 Likes

Step 1) Get Trey Patterson
Step 2) Have him spend the entire summer with Hunter and Rasheed Wallace and Damin Altizer
Step 3) Proffit from having a 6’9/6’10 DeAndre Hunter on the team.

3 Likes

Guess I don’t follow this logic? Wouldn’t Wright want his guys to go to a coach who would do right by them like TB or Painter?

1 Like

Ridiculous if true

Fordham?

There is some speculation on their board about his wife’s health but nothing more than unsubstantiated rumors. Do hope everything is okay though.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Stealing this point from another board, but refreshing that he’s not doing a year-long ESPN-fueled victory lap like you-know-who.

11 Likes