Jay Wright Retiring

3 Likes

Seems like it was done for a while in private

2 Likes

This needs a new thread I think

2 Likes

WE NEED CAM WHITMORE. START HIM AT THE 3 lol.

If Tony also retires and we make Williford interim, WILLIFORD WE NEED CAM WHITMORE.

Sell him Justin Anderson.

@JusAnderson1 Get Cam Whitmore LOL

4 Likes

I don’t understand. How can he retire without a one year victory lap?? Oh… you mean only K does that sort of crap?

14 Likes

Itll be interesting to see what caused the retirement. Most likely he had just planned to retire at 60 and enjoy the rest of his life. He didn’t have any of his 2021’s transfer out and he was landing 5 stars in the new era.

That being said, Trey Patterson and Cam Whitmore?

The Neptune coach from Fordham was Jay’s assistant for 10 years so I dont think they have that much attrition but you never know.

4 Likes

Might not help us this year but Tony just became the top option for players who want to play for good guys. Should also give us portal options for next offseason

3 Likes

I messed up the moving of posts to a new topic a little lol So edited Doug’s unrelated post to include the Wright news.

4 Likes

@HoozGotNext Is Tony already on the phone with Cam Whitmore or do we expect a more later 8pm phone call to say “Hey come start for us at the 3. Did you see that $40 million donation?”

2 Likes

Do we think this is NIL or NBA related or he’s just done…?

TV. My guess. If it is real and happens

4 Likes

Probably not NBA, he could’ve had the Sixers job if he wanted it and I think he turned it down

I’d expect the Neptune hire to keep the team together more than going outside. But we’ll see. It’s not like UVA was that involved with Whitmore. They recruited just about all their freshmen to some extent.

1 Like

UNC has no scholarships for cam whitmore (I just chcked their board lol. some were jokingly saying Leaky Black pays for his college and walks on)

Longino seems like Nova committed from Philly. Trey Patterson already had transfer smoke before Wright convinced him to stay so maybe there.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind reminder that we have no chance at getting Whitmore if he chooses to reopen his recruitment lol

7 Likes

One less spot at Kentucky to knab any other transfers or decommits that pop in the next two weeks. We win regardless lol.

Edit: it’s going to get wild the next two weeks I think. Transfers commit, underclassmen transfer out to not be stuck behind those transfer commits, coaching changes, nba feedback. A move like this, it’s a cascade

3 Likes

He’s been very good the years he’s joined the NCAAT coverage

2 Likes

Complete natural I think. He may even know the game some…

2 Likes
4 Likes