July Live Period Recap

Actually I’m going to close the other summer recruiting thread and make this the new one…@jazznutuva will come up with a snappy title later.

30 Likes

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

HGN in regards to Kon, “I like Virginia’s chances right now.”

26 Likes

Happy Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

HGN killing me with his optimism

15 Likes

He likes our chances right now?

How about now?

Now?

I’m kidding, but only half. Kon’s not visiting Duke or UVA (again) for a couple more months. He may well decide before then, but that’s still a long time. Its a 400M and we’re doing well going into the second turn, but Duke’s closing kick is colossally better than that of anyone else involved. I wouldn’t even begin to feel good about this unless its at least late August and we’re seeing signs Duke is heading elsewhere.

9 Likes

I didn’t blame @HoozGotNext for getting our hopes up with the TJP saga. At the time I felt he was simply reporting the intel as best he could. But we all must learn from our past mistakes. This time I will not be so forgiving.

9 Likes

I’m trying to imagine what the wrath of WFS would be like…don’t think I wanna know.

21 Likes

I will demand one free month of VIP if you let me down

9 Likes

Love that you used a pic with Jamal Robinson sitting to Coach Bennett’s right too!

9 Likes

Putting Kon in the ‘UVA Lock’ category.

For sure. We still have a long road ahead. With that being said, I’ll take having Duke offer and have us still like our chances. Normally when Duke offers, we’re automatically behind. Knowing that we look to be in a good place, even at the beginning of the second lap, is something that I’ll take.

7 Likes

Will be interesting to see what happens with that frontcourt spot in the 2024 class. I think Hodge is probably the best overall fit for what we need going forward as a pure stretch 4, but I also don’t think you wait around for him to make a decision after those visits if Punch or Cofie are willing to fill that spot sooner rather than later.

5 Likes

Mallory just hit a 3/4 court shot at the halftime buzzer. I’m sure it’ll make twitter somewhere. Championship game of the Vegas tourney.

20 Likes

Splash

13 Likes

Quoting so the video embeds

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1680706240484130816

Someone needs to show this to Kon. You need to reward the team that was there the whole time.

6 Likes

Ebrahim Kaba

4 Likes

What I like best about this weekend in Vegas is they actually use the entire live period. Everybody plays twice a day and there’s still games going on Sunday night. Team Thrill with Mallory just won their tourney…and they’re still playing another showcase game later tonight. it’s the anti-Peach Jam.

9 Likes

Oh awk vt not uva

3 Likes

You will pay VIP and like it bro

8 Likes