July Live Period Recap

Pffft…I’ll take Chance over Kihei for sure. Kihei would have just passed the ball to an open guy near the post with a 7 footer closing in his face. Nothing good could happen from that. :smiley:

8 Likes

Or pass it to the other team around mid court, setting them up for a perfect game winning shot that bounces us for the the NCAAT in dramatic fashion :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

Or drain a step back 3 to win it.

6 Likes

Team Thrill with Chance Mallory is playing on ESPN2 tomorrow apparently. 5pm eastern.

10 Likes

I been wanting to see Chance play. Thanks HGN

4 Likes

Noooooooo!!! Optimism is not going to creep in!! It’s a jinx!

Count Rugen The Princess Bride GIF by filmeditor

5 Likes

That could never happen . . .

Loop Glow GIF by xponentialdesign

1 Like

People forget.

6 Likes

Sensabaugh is an interesting comp for Kon, especially since he was a bit of a surprise one-and-done.

6 Likes

Im not used to all of this optimism. Am i on the right board. My board is always doom and gloom.
I have to be lost

6 Likes

These were from a while ago. So … mostly delusion that I’m now trying to recast as prescience. But let’s split the difference and call it optimism.

8 Likes

It’s that giddiness that proceeds absolute doom. You know the ship is about to hit the iceberg and there’s nothing you can do to stop it, we’re laughing at our fate.

Climate Change Summer GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

2 Likes

Bronny James is playing a game by himself duh

1 Like

Anyone watch this?

https://twitter.com/ColbyGHoops/status/1681069381214715904

No specifics yet though.

3 Likes

Assume we have no shot at Queen?

2 Likes

How long before Duke offers Mallory?

4 Likes

None. It’s funny though, I did actually hear recently UVA was inquiring to find that out. I’ve watched a few of their games this weekend…not sure I wouldn’t take him over Budinga who I assume will be at Duke this season. Blake Buchanan got the better of Queen last summer but it’s like he’s a whole different player now, total stud.

10 Likes

Watched Chance Mallory’s game from yesterday (it’s available in WatchESPN’s replays if anyone is looking for it).

I think he was roughly 5-10 overall by my count. Had a couple of deep bomb threes. Also had a couple of nice looking floaters rim out unfortunately. But I get why we’re after him. Very fast sturdy guard, a real nice passer, and he looks so comfortable shooting from deep. He probably forced a few threes and had one swatted, but when they ran a set action to get him catch and shoot opportunities from the corner, it looked automatic. He’d be a very fun player to have.

21 Likes

Tired: Mallory is Kihei 2.0

Wired: Mallory is Kyle Guy 2.0

In all seriousness, it feels like Mallory and Bliss could not only co-exist, but be really nasty together. I see Bliss running a lot of the point and Mallory playing the 2 on offense, though that’s sort of interchangeable for us.

20 Likes
8 Likes