July Live Period

Now you are thinkin…

The last COUPLE of years? Really? You didn’t think Hauser and Murphy and Huff were good shooters?

2 Likes

We had good shooters, but collectively the team could not shoot consistently.

3 Likes

The 2020 and 2022 seasons had the two worst team 3-pt percentages of Tony Bennett’s entire tenure at Virginia. So yeah, it hasn’t been the greatest past few years.

Additionally, while 2021’s team percentage was saved by the likes of Hauser/Murphy/Huff, none of them were guards. Our shooting from the guard spots has been well below our usual standard, which is problematic in a game that is increasingly guard focused (particularly in the post season).

10 Likes

I was referring mostly to the ‘20 and ‘22 seasons, but also guard shooting over the last three years. Sam, Trey, and Jay were exceptional shooters, yes. I could have been more specific.

Unconfirmed report on 247 that we watched DeMary last night.

4 Likes

From the game Williford was at

3 Likes

Have we moved on from Kaiser?

@DurtyNellys seems like Tony didn’t stay to watch him at adidas and went to watch Rechsteiner instead

HGN mentioned Ty Davis (2024).

I see Getter watching 2024s, Grand Park vs Philly Pride 16s. They saw both of those teams yesterday. Big man Matt Gilhool for Philly is a popular guy. But I suspect it’s actually the guard from Indiana Getter is there to see, Jack Benter.

Assume Bennett is over watching Cam Christie, can’t see coaches there.

7 Likes

Jimmer Fredette???

1 Like

and yeah I see TB now at Christie’s game

6 Likes

Always amazed at how these recruiting analysts have basically memorized the faces and schools of about 1000 college hoops coaches.

6 Likes

I always think the same thing haha The guys like Trent that run scouting services, they’re the customers, so I get it. But it’s still impressive.

5 Likes

don’t the coaches usually wear, you know, clothes? like, team gear? seems like between that and google it wouldn’t be too hard to identify HC vs. asst.

3 Likes

If there’s a coach out there that’s tried showing up without clothes, my money is on Mike Brey

16 Likes

We don’t usually recruit against him, but I just assume Pearl shows up with his painted chest.

8 Likes

He’s been gradually cutting back so no one notices when he goes full nude. Right now he’s down to shorts during games.

3 Likes

I randomly picked out my 0 shirsey that I got during the Hall days and realized that between Hall and Clark, someone has worn number 0 for 10 straight years.

Who in the 23 class is going to continue that tradition?

3 Likes

So what was the 1030 verdict…or did he stay w Christie