Kon Knueppel - Official Thread

Most players want to max out their recruitments, yeah. That’s why I call early commits (before July) winning by knockout. They know what’s coming though. Like Christian Bliss. UVA is recruiting him. If he does his thing this spring, he knows he’ll have that scholarship offer. If he decides to commit to Villanova before then, he knows he’s passing up UVA and others he’s hearing from who haven’t gotten that chance to evaluate him yet.

11 Likes

its like stroking the ego as well. A recruit may know where he truly wants to go in February but he likes to be stroked and get offers from as many schools as possible or another school comes in and makes him priority number 1…thanks hooz
I find recruiting fascinating. Takes a patient man to be able to do it…and then to lose way more than than the wins you get…

4 Likes

get him Fresh!

2 Likes

There is no in between with Fresh. Yall think that Wooster Mass kid watched the game yesterday?

10 Likes

I think on occasion it can definitely be ego, but i think it’s a right of passage to an extent. Those kids work hard to earn some time in the sun

10 Likes

TB has not watch Bliss yet. Correct? Has he watched the Paul IV big guy? I know he has an offer.

Well, “he grew up a fan of UVA” so, prolly. Can’t wait to beat his teams.

8 Likes

Saw a lot of Ngongba last summer. Trusted the assistants who think he’s made a big leap since. They were really impressed with him over exam break.

I’m sure TB was at one of Bliss’s games last summer, he played for the Rens 17U EYBL team, but not someone they were paying attention to. He came off the bench, wasn’t a big factor and didn’t get high major attention until this winter.

3 Likes

Who is the Worcester kid?

To some extent we’re talking about optimizers and satisficers. Satisficer says “Man I love UVA, I’ll be very happy here, I’ll commit now and be delighted with my choice.” Optimizer says “I love UVA… but no need to commit, may as well feel out all my options first.”

Fwiw satisficers are said to be happier people. (I’m an optimizer.)

5 Likes

We all forgot. Especially since diddukewin.com

9 Likes

Curious…has a Mom ever NOT loved UVa & TB?

4 Likes

Kon’s mom

Edit: Won’t embed but she’s Green Bay’s all-time leading scorer from the late 90s.

6 Likes

Yep. She was there

Nah nuh nah nuh nuh nah nah. Nah nuh nah nuh nuh nah.

1 Like

I’m sure the kid from Wooster, MA thought Flip should have gotten two FT’s

5 Likes

Let’s not worry about the kid from Wooster. When he chose the Evil Empire he became dead to us, I like the guys we got this year, next year and hopefully the 2024 trio that was here yesterday,

4 Likes

I don’t remember his name, only that he wore a stupid long sleeve shirt.

Came to me

1 Like

Nope. Still can’t remember.

5 Likes