Kyle Guy Called Up By Sacramento Kings

Kyle went for 22 pts, 4 boards, 3 assists. He hit 4 3 pointers, including a banked buzzer beater to end the first half. From what I saw, he looked adept at using his 3pt shooting persona to pump and get to the rim. He shot 4-10 from 3, and 9-20 overall, indicating he’s going to get shots up with Stockton. That’s not the most efficient performance, but nothing to complain about. Still a good shooting night. Floaters looked smooth, and he was in control enough to take contact on drives while getting a good shot up. Also had an absolute dime, one handed in transition. Good to see him work the pick and roll a little bit, a crucial aspect of the NBA game he’ll need to get more accustomed to. He did get beat a few times on defense, but that appeared to be more of a communication mistake or two rather than an overarching issue. Obviously overall talent is lower and so is athleticism in the G League but couldn’t ask for anything more in his first game. Stockton won 122-97 against Santa Cruz Warriors. Hope he gets called up for some minutes with Sacramento soon, though they have a long bench of guys that get minutes.

Condensed game:

Kyle’s highlights:

10 Likes

Are these games televised at all? Would love to watch him play

1 Like

Not that I know of. I only found highlights and the condensed game on twitter and youtube

1 Like

Ok thanks

2 Likes

I watched the game last night through the Stockton King’s website. Per the Stockton King’s twitter tonight’s game is on an the Twitch app, which I haven’t tried yet.

3 Likes

Love seeing him play again. Hopefully he’ll get called up to SAC TOWN soon

1 Like

Another nice night from Kyle. 25pts, 3ast, a clutch free throw late. Almost had a game winner but was heavily contested. Once more he got his shots up, going 8-24 and 6-17 from 3. Not great shooting numbers, but that’s a very high volume of shots they’re having him take so it’s a difficult task at hand. He also played 42 minutes, Stockton is really trying to get all they can out of him. Stockton did lose a tough one, 88-86.

Condensed game:

Kyle’s highlights:

3 Likes

Kyle and the Stockton Kings are on ESPN+.

2 Likes

15 points, 9 assists, and 4 rebounds on 7-17 shooting, 1-3 from three. Only 2 turnovers, good to see him distributing the ball effectively, sans turnovers. Averaging 20.7 PPG, 5 APG, and 3 RPG is a very nice first couple games. Shooting has been a bit worse than expected, but on a very high volume, 39.3% from the field, 34.4% from 3.

I’ll post links once condensed game/Kyle’s highlights go up.

4 Likes

Game Highlights (Nice passing from KG):

2 Likes

Is good that he is playing so much and getting work in to improve what he needs to improve. Everyone knows he can shoot- and he can really shoot it- but the NBA has guys for that. Improved ball handling and distributing the ball to guys where they can finish will give him real chance to play in NBA. My opinion…

5 Likes

Really excited to see Guy getting so much run. It’s also good to see him stretch his game some more with the ball handling and the dribble drive. The extra reps will pay off as he prepares to move up to the NBA

3 Likes

Yes, adding this to his game will make him more valuable. I’m happy for him. Seen a Sacramento fan say partially in jest that Kyle might be the next Steph Curry

1 Like

Good article on Kyle’s first 2 games. Little bit outdated, but good analysis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aroyalpain.com/2019/11/10/sacramento-kings-guy-in-stockton/amp/

3 Likes

Another nice story on Kyle and the Stockton Kings. https://www.recordnet.com/sports/20191114/g-kings-kyle-guy-starts-next-chapter-in-stockton?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Kyle’s parents join us on this week’s podcast…I will post it shortly

4 Likes

Stockton lost today, 125-110. Kyle finished with 23pts, 6ast, and 2reb on 9-26 shooting from the field and 2-11 from 3. That’s… a lot of shots. Not a bad thing, but you’d like to see him hit a few more. Only 2 turnovers. Was a team worst -24, BUT that was in a team high 42 minutes. Good to see the high number of assists, pg is what the Kings are looking for him to play so the more he can do setting others up the better.
Now averaging 21.3 PPG, 5.3 APG, 2.8 RPG on 30.2% from 3 and 37.9% from the field.

Full game: https://gleague.nba.com/games/20191115/STOMHU/

Few KG Highlights:

2 Likes
1 Like

Another high volume game today for Kyle. Stuffed the stat sheet with 26 pts, 7 asts, 8 rebs on 9-28 shooting (6-16 from 3). I guess he’s just going to be getting a ton of shots on a nightly basis. Hopefully those numbers regress to what we know to be his mean a bit, but he is taking different, more difficult shots at this point as he’s asked to expand his game. He’ll likely adjust accordingly. Once more, love to see the 7 assists, he had some absolute dimes, and he and big man Eric Mika have developed a real chemistry back from summer league play. Their pick and roll play has been deadly. Stockton did unfortunately lose 109-99 to the Austin Spurs. Kyle now averaging 22.2 PPG, 5.6 APG, 3.8 RPG on 32.2% from 3, and 36.5% from the field.

Kyle Highlights (they got points wrong in headline):
https://gleague.nba.com/games/20191117/STOAUS/

Condensed Game:

4 Likes

Watched quite a bit and Kyle’s stats are a little skewed. Stockton was down 20 in the 4th quarter and they started to trap and press full court and take very quick 3’s in an attempt to get back in the game. Kyle was 2 of 9 (1 of 5 from 3) in the 4th but most of those were quick shots outside of the flow of the offense. One thing I have noticed is Kyle still doesn’t get calls at the rim. Seems to take a lot of contact with few foul calls. His ability to distribute has been impressive and he does have great chemistry with Mika.

2 Likes