Leon Bond Commits!

If this is the new approach it makes even more sense to go after Julian Phillips, which means staff probably already got a no or think they have no chance with him. Womp.

1 Like
1 Like

I am not sure that Sweet 16 OR team construction is the future of basketball. A number of those guys left with eligibility remaining(Wooten, Okoro and King) and I wonder whether that squad was better off with Bol Bol not playingā€¦

If Georgia Tech is going to claim they are the best public school in the country we should be doing the same with recruits.

9 Likes

I was about to say ā€œyeah they were all high rated guys who wanted to bounce early anywaysā€ but Kenny Wooten was barely top 150 and Francis was 59th in his class. Only Louis was a 5 starā€¦ I remember Wooten had like an alltime great vertical or something at the combine. Dude was bouncy. Too bad he also isnā€™t skilled like Mamadi LOL

The blurbs for Georgia Tech and Vandy are longer cause those are the schools heā€™s already visited. Im sure we will hammer down academics on his visit here.

Im a huge Ernest Udeh fan after the top 100 camp. Had a lot of average performances statwise but man we need that athleticism in the front court and hes a 4/5 (more 5) too. Heā€™s also tight with Sensabaugh and also strongly values academics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRsMUy6nc7u/

1 Like

Heā€™s probably going to GT. The moon basketball is closest to their logo. :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh yea Iā€™m sure I just wonder how GT can seriously make that claim? Unless they brush off rankings as being too influenced by factors outside of education quality.

1 Like

In the US News & World Report rankings the top public universities are:

#20 UCLA
#22 UC Berkeley
#24 Univ. Michigan
#26 UVa
#28 UNC
#30 (tie) UC Santa Barbara
#30 (tie) Univ. Florida
#35 Georgia Tech

5 Likes

Wooten had like 10 blocks in the tourney game against UC Irvineā€¦ he totally wrecked that team on offenseā€¦. But man when they played usā€¦.they wuz scared of Mamadiā€¦ especially when he had his ā€œhomey donā€™t play thatā€ moment with Aminā€¦.

4 Likes

Fake news

2 Likes

There are arguably fewer distractions at Georgia Tech, though.

3 Likes

GT IS an excellent public school, one of the very best in the country and theyā€™re.a member of the ACC, a conference that actually values academics (except Louisville, of course). VT might be the worst academic school in the ACC and itā€™s not that bad. Other than Louisville, of course.

But saying GT is the best is just silly. Maybe in Mech E?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been racking my brain about who Leon reminds me of and itā€™s Dwayne Wade. His handle, his pirouettes, his athleticism. Originally I was thinking Keon Johnson but more Wade at this point.

In terms of past players/players we tried to recruit Keon Johnson is also a pretty good comparison.

Im just ready to see plays like this again

8 Likes

Ah ā€˜member those days? Back when we were 345th in pace instead of dead last