Leon Bond Commits!

Ceiling Dre, floor Musa Jallow? Or is that not in the right ball park

Keon Johnson may be a good comparison as he’s a slasher who is athletic but can’t shoot “quite yet”. Same size.

1 Like

They still feel good about Traudt and Renau looks like the big they want to pair with Traudt…we have 10 offers out there so 20% for bigs seems about right​:joy::joy::joy:…

2 Likes

Or, they feel really good about Shedrick and Caffaro for the immediate future, and do not feel any pressure to pursue more than the current targets. I imagine that could change, Regardless, it might be getting late to offer any prospects who could contribute in the short term. While I am pretty uninformed about these matters, I would think any new offers would need to be made pretty soon. In the coming week? Regardless, I feel better today than I did two days ago about Virginia’s recruiting, and I didn’t feel all that bad even then.

4 Likes

So, with Leon Bond’s recruitment concluded, where is Virginia now? Depending upon whom you read, UVa has either five or six outstanding offers to uncommitted 2022 recruits. (VerbalCommits doesn’t list Bobi Klintman) However, of those remaining offers, is anyone other than Isaac Traudt and Malik Reneau being actively recruited? With Bond now on the 2023 roster, are either Sensabaugh or Dunn likely, or even possible, commits even if the staff is still pursuing them? Additionally, I haven’t read of anything happening with either Nunez or Klintman in quite some time, but that doesn’t mean much. So, @HoozGotNext, or anyone else, where does Virginia go from here? Just a wee bit curious, doncha know! :slight_smile:

In regards to sensabaugh’s top 8

7 Likes

HGN blog posts go into your questions in detail. I’d start there

2 Likes

73CAV mentioned Bobi Klintman, is he still in the picture?
Crap, never mind, I didn’t read his post thoroughly enough.

Man, getting old is a bitch - better than the alternative but jeez. I went to the blogs and then realized I remembered Klintman is doing visits this fall (after I read it again).

3 Likes

No one is off the table that was on before Bond committed. Even what I wrote in the blog is off base from what we’re figuring out. Still full speed ahead on Dunn/Sensabaugh. Bond is a potential redshirt, meaning there’s room, and they’re building for small ball.

They’re not recruiting Nunez. And I won’t write Klitman off entirely just because of the unknowns but it’s very doubtful. He’s not really what they’d have in mind now.

21 Likes

Thank you for the response. I did go back and read the blog. I should have done that earlier. Regardless, any rumblings about possible new offers? Or, is it getting a bit late for that? Or, is the staff happy with matters as they are? It is good to ba a 'Hoo!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ernest Udeh maybe. Most likely everybody they’ll get has an offer right now. Traudt and a wing the most probable scenario.

12 Likes

HGN, what is their vision for Igor this year and in the future with them wanting to bring in so many wings? Do they envision him playing 4 like Sam did last year? Seems skilled but have trouble seeing him banging under the boards for rebounds with traditional bigs.

Yeah Milicic is a 3/4 guy. His best shot at getting on the court is at the 4 this year. What we’re learning is in years ahead we’re not going to have a lot of clear cut “power forwards”. Just combos and wings that can defend that position. If you look around college basketball, that’s how it is now.

13 Likes

That was evident with all the wings we were after last year! I agree!

1 Like

Yes yes yes. You put several guys on the floor all 6”5-6’8 w a variety of skill sets. Say some combo of Murray, Militic, Bond and Dunn. Shooters, defenders, slashers, etc. key, as said, is some of them have to rebound and defend PFs

3 Likes

Its the Oregon approach

Payton Pritchard and 4 6’7-6’9 guys. You can switch on screens instead of hedging which means less opportunities to get punished off slow hedge recoveries.

6 Likes

Isaac Traudt can be our Louis King but we still need a Mamadi/Kenny Wooten to pair with him. Louis King 6’9 but the offensive forward, Wooten 6’8 but the rim protector.

2 Likes

No fainting goat Amins please

7 Likes

All of this makes Baylor that much more interesting of a national champion. They only had one guy in that mold in Mayer and he only averaged about 15 minutes per game. The rest of their rotation was guards and bigs. They didn’t have that Dre or Mikal Bridges player everyone else is looking for.

Now maybe they got lucky in that Mitchell and Vital were studs defensively despite not having prototypical size. Maybe finding guys like that is harder than loading up on 6’5-6’8 wings and forwards and hoping 2 of them pan out.

1 Like

Makes sense, but also makes me nervous rebounding against one of those traditional UNC teams.