Preseason Thread

The final preseason thread. HGN and I addressed questions off twitter for our second mailbag post. Specifically, we talked about Trey Murphy and a potential waiver along with expectations for Kadin Shedrick, What If recruits, and more:

8 Likes

Jay Huff named pre season Blue Ribbon Second Team All American.

4 Likes

That is wild

1 Like

Am I in the minority of people who have never heard of Blue Ribbon All-Americans?

8 Likes

Same here. Good for Jay but I am not familiar with who the Blue Ribbon people are.

1 Like

Me too. Glad for Jay but this is the first time I’ve ever heard of that All American team

2 Likes

They’ve been doing college previews since the pre-internet days. Their football preview was the gold standard for a long time. Don’t believe they do end of season accolades.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Shocking that neither Puke nor UNCheat made the cut. Also quite refreshing and enjoyable to see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe they own a bakery and a sushi restaurant in NYC.

1 Like

LOL. I thought they might be on the OT: Beer Fanatics Only thread.

1 Like

Legit red it as the pabst blie ribbon all American team at first and was pissed I didn’t know they had an AA team

3 Likes

Used to love the Blue Ribbon yearbooks back in the good old pre-internet days, '80’s and '90’s. Do any of you oldheads remember Barry Jacobs’s annual Fan’s Guide to ACC Basketball? Blue Ribbon was the closest national equivalent.

I’m shocked to learn that they’re still in business.

5 Likes

What a great segment and I love how yall answered the questions. It was real and no dodging.

TB do use social media. I know he tweets recruits in their DM.

4 Likes
3 Likes

So I just tried to sign up for FloSports… it is $29.99/month OR $12.50/month ($150) if you pre-pay for an entire year… so unfortunately NOT worth it for one game. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hoping the lads from Eastern Europe can hook it up

3 Likes

Lol. Thanks for checking. For $30 a month you can get Netflix and Hulu.

4 Likes

What the heck is our athletic department thinking? Why are we even going to Connecticut if we had to sacrifice our TV rights to play a terrible program like Maine? Why wouldn’t we just play Florida in one of our home arenas?

3 Likes

I guess we should just think of the Maine game as this year’s closed door scrimmage? Maybe that will help mentally

6 Likes