Line ups and rotations for tonight

Think Richmond vs UK

1 Like

If there was ever an opportunity for Jay to get some reps with his back to the basket this is the game. Great chance to gain some confidence in those skills.

2 Likes

They also lost to umbc by like 15…not helping my confidence LOL. The spread is like UVA -22 for some reason.

1 Like

Guys this team isn’t anywhere close to as good as San Francisco. Let alone Richmond. No need to be nervous. If we are even a 9 seed level team this will be an easy win. If this game is close then this UVA team has major issues

1 Like

And like that, the Jinx is on

3 Likes

All jinx’s ended with Kihei to Mamadi. Jinx’s don’t exist for national title programs.

“There’s no way San Fransisco hits over 50% of their threes”- @Hoos9412, probably

I mean look you guys can be nervous if you want. But you can’t be nervous about this game and also think our team is ACC title level good. Those two things can’t both be true at the same time. If we are ACC title level good there is no reason to be nervous about tonight. Guess I just have some confidence in this year’s team.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure in 2014 when UConn won it all, they lost their last regular season game to Louisville by like 30 points.

Edit: Uconn lost to Louisville 48-81 (33 points) literally the week before their March Madness run.

I am supremely confident that this team is going to be great. Upsets happen; gaining confidence and chemistry is a process. Gotta be patient, it will all come together.

2 Likes

100%.

Did anyone see Michigan vs Oakland the other night? In overtime they just fed their big the first 5 plays of overtime and he dominated the smaller defenders. I wouldn’t be angry if we came out with this approach. If it doesn’t work out you have plenty of time to change it up but I’d like to see what Jay does if we feed him inside 3-5 plays in a row.

1 Like

Think it becomes a chicken or the egg thing. Jay has to present himself in the post and make himself available for the entry pass. I haven’t seen him do that on a regular basis so far in his career. However, he does play with more confidence when he is against smaller defenders and he may look to take advantage of that.

1 Like

Well, if my 9-1 National Champion prediction is to come true, we’re gonna win. I’m sticking with that.

6 Likes

I think Zach called out one of the aspects of the new offense is that it leaves us vulnerable / backwards sometimes on the defensive end. From what I can tell, St. Francis likes to run.

I think we start with three guards tonight - Clark, Beekman, Morsell, Hauser, Huff. Tomas is the first off the bench. Murphy spells Hauser for some minutes. And just maybe we see Jabri crack the rotation instead of Stattman.

5 Likes

Start Beeks, Casey, Woldo, Hauser and Huff. Murphy in first, then Stats, then Jabri. Bring Clark and Justin in if we cannot stay with them on D. Sheds can spell Huff.

1 Like

Yeah, to expand, the 5 out set can leave us ‘inverted’ offensively, meaning that there are two guards in the paint with bigs on the perimeter as a result of the motion offense. So when the two bigs go for the offensive rebound and the three ‘guards’ retreat - which is a staple for Bennett - the guards get back down the court slower because they’re starting from inside.

2 Likes

I’ll also be very interested in our psych of the guys if we struggle out of the gate.

1 Like

Why would we start our 3 smallest guards against a team that has guards that are 6-3, 6-4, 6-4, and 6-8?

Great point by Mark and JWilly on the latest JWILLY Show about the difficulties with the mover blocker and the lack of a guy who can fly off screens like Joe and Kyle. Said Carson can be that guy in the future, but just don’t have that guy right now.

1 Like

And Taine. 5 out best suits the current roster.

1 Like