London Johnson Contenders & Other 2023 Updates

Well, Dushawn is closer to some recruitments than others, no idea here, but look at his last replies to me. No idea if he’s joking about the video (cause that’s nuts, doesn’t take months) or which blueblood he’s referring to?

3 Likes

@HoozGotNext any idea how staff feeling about this? Originally thought the comparisons to Keels were a stretch, but getting a little spooky at this point. What’s your take?

2 Likes

Take note 8th graders…start those announcement videos now!

1 Like

The UVA side obviously feels confident. HGN has been consistent on that and Billy chimed in similarly last week

1 Like

I mean if we’re being honest his recruitment has been shut down for at least two months. Everybody involved knows whether they’re getting him or not. It’s old news. Coaches would only care that he announces before April.

15 Likes

Lol! Everyone seems worried, but you’ve been saying this for a while now.

3 Likes

Oh it’s annoying for sure. I get it. And without announcing he can always quietly reopen and it might take a bit before we’d pick up on it. Meaning people like me, coaches would know. But so far, zero sign of that.

11 Likes

I’m fine with a kid announcing whenever he darned well feels like it. I’d find it awesomely original if he never announced at all. But your statement has me puzzled in that I thought as soon as coaches knew, that’s when the leaks started from the losing schools. It’s weird to me that 247 doesn’t even have UVA listed as a school of interest for him. Are the services this out of touch now? Or is it something about LJ that is just phenomenally under the radar for a Top 30 recruit?

1 Like

Well obviously the 247 writer there knows what’s going on. There’s been a recent trend of HS/AAU coaches or parents asking that there not be any crystal balls, but it usually doesn’t stop it completely.

Another thing with London’s situation is there aren’t any other schools that have been seriously involved with him in a transparent way. If you weren’t paying very close attention, you wouldn’t realize UVA was either. So the people running these other team sites have no reason to ask their contacts, which lead to those picks.

3 Likes

But you’d think they’d at least update their listing of player interests to what the player has announced. UVA isn’t even shown as a school of interest. What’s the point of their recruiting site if they don’t even update to the status that is publicly announced?

2 Likes

Thank you sir - that’s as good an answer as we could have realistically hoped for. Appreciate it.

2 Likes

If nothing else, I learned that London really likes holidays.

And he’s going with an announcement documentary instead of the usual video.

8 Likes

It’s like the basketball recruiting version of The Long Halloween where instead of a gangland murder every holiday, we get a postponed London Johnson commitment.

2 Likes

So here me out

2022 off season. We pick up Jordan Hall from St joe’s and Liam Robbins for his 5th year (currently out for precaution from a preseaon injury at Vanderbilt), both of whom we should have probably picked up this last offseason.

2022-2023 we start Reece Armaan Jordan Jayden Liam. London Johnson and Kadin first off the bench (Kadin will be ready for 2023-2024), followed by Igor Traudt and McKneely. One of the small forwards steps up if Igor, Taine, or McKneely don’t get the defensive stopper role down after the offseason. Otherwise redshirt both of them. Put muscle on Dunn and lock Bond in a room with the Noah’s Arc shooting system.

2023: Add Silas Demary (who HGN has mentioned we may be interested in/he’s heavily grown on me watching his film), Kyle Pock/Parker Friedrichsen, one of Dylan James or Al Amadou, and flip Kaleb Glenn from Louisville.

Also hope by then the NCAA extends roster size to 15.

Easy peasy.

6 Likes

Heck I could compromise. Forget Liam Robbins. Just flip Kaleb Glenn and reclass him to 2022 (which I think he can). Athletic 6’7 forward pairs well with Traudt and also can play the 4 and space the floor with Jayden inside and vice versa (Glenn is a more athletic, more 3pt shooting prone out of hs Jayden)

4 Likes

I have a feeling Kaufman will be in the portal.

Isn’t he redshirting this year?

1 Like

With Armaan McKneely and Carson along with possible Johnson, we have enough people to play the 2 so don’t know where Kaufman would fit. Don’t know if he wants to sit on the bench behind Taine Murray to play at the 5.

4 Likes

Kaufman is the 4 we were recruiting who went to Purdue.

1 Like

Im aware. More so a joke on these players who want to play on the perimeter and pick the school where they are sold as a 3 and then they end up playing the 5.

5 Likes