London Johnson Contenders & Other 2023 Updates

Yes, everyone but him could tell he’s not a 3!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYenGCmlHzs/?utm_medium=copy_link
Clearly he was just waiting til he got to 1000 career points and now he’s gonna commit :grinning:

2 Likes

man i hate that jersey he’s wearing

3 Likes

Crazy. Drake at #8 in new mock. What could have been… smh.

4 Likes

I’m starting to not feel completely confident with this one.

1 Like

It’s January of his junior year in high school. I am unsure about how things are done today, but when I was at a similar point in high school, I hadn’t even decided which schools would be sent my S.A.T. scores. At that time, I was probably more concerned with quadratic equations and explaining to my English teacher that Catch-22 was suitable for a book report (she hadn’t heard of it). I imagine London Johnson’s concerns are far different than mine were, but it is still really, really early.

3 Likes

I’m not debating if it’s early or not, just expressing my feelings based upon previously stated timelines, from the actual player.

5 Likes

When I was a junior I was set that I was going to Illinois of all places!

3 Likes

My comments weren’t directed at you specifically. They were just a comment on the perceived impatience of most here. That said, he’s a seventeen year-old high school junior. A change of mind is hardly an uncommon occurrence. At that age, it should be expected on some matters. This recruitment is not yet a train wreck. I am not sure that I can say our discussion of it isn’t. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wait, in a few more weeks we might be nearing train wreck status:)

2 Likes

I don’t know if I had even taken my SATs by January of my Junior year. I think I took it in the Spring. Or maybe I was overeager and took it in the Fall, but I’m pretty sure the common schedule was Spring of Junior year.

3 Likes

That was the timetable for me when I came through. That said, I was going on visits and talking with coaches by Jan of my Jr. year and I was a no star recruit.

1 Like

His decision doesn’t seem slow in any absolute context (quite the opposite), just in the context of us thinking it was on its way … any minute now.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I took my first set in the spring of my junior year, too. However, I believe it was around now that I had received the information/registration packet (along with the catalogue of colleges and universities and their requirements, offerings, costs, etc.) which asked to which colleges I wanted my scores sent.

1 Like

For reference to when I was in High School about a decade ago, SATs are usually taken senior year nowadays. I had taken the SAT once LATE in my junior year as ‘practice’ and because colleges take your super score of multiple attempts. My “real” SAT date was my senior year and test scores are transmitted immediately via the schools portal and the SAT’s portal. All to say, athletes may do all of this ahead of the curve, but LJ is still well ahead of the typical college decision timeline of most highschool students.

4 Likes

When doogie howser was a junior in high school he was 8 years old, so LJ should’ve committed by now.

5 Likes

Thinking the same thing

Virginia Tech is 8-6 and 0-3 but Last 4 in? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

:cricket::cricket::cricket:

Seriously, one thread down