Looking at the 2021 Recruiting Horizon

Are you saying he would not come until 22?

1 Like

Subscription article. Taine Murray named a final 3 of Virginia, Maryland, and Stanford. No timeline for a decision.

3 Likes

No Iā€™m saying he could play part of the Aussie league season next Spring before coming if he wants. They have like this junior prospect program. Kody did it. I think maybe Jack too? Each team can have one if they want, unpaid.

1 Like

That reads like us, though he doesnā€™t sound to be in a hurry. Though though a list cut is sometimes a sign of a pending decision

1 Like

The first sentence in your post may be oxymoronic given how our recruitments go

If they got Murray and no other wings what they be looking for in 22. Pure PG? (McDaniel or Nunez type) or a combo? (McKneely or Hand type) or a wing? (Batchlor or Taylor)?

My guess and thatā€™s all it isā€¦PG and another guard either a shooter like Taylor/McKneely or the same kind of Brogs style guard thyā€™re after now. Potential third for a frontcourt guy, type depending what they get in '21.

1 Like

Do the staff view McKneely as someone who can run the floor/develop into a PG to get to the next level professionally? Or are they looking for that 5ā€™8-6ā€™2 pure pg since birth kinda player?

In a lot of McKneelyā€™s highlights he is running the point I believe

I donā€™t know how they see him but doubt they would think of him as a lead guard. A dependable secondary combo, sure.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair. Im imagining Murray and McKneely lighting up defenses a la Buddy Boeheim and Joe Girard III (even though Murray hasnā€™t picked us and we havent even offered McKneely yet LOL)

1 Like
6 Likes

Zachā€™s had those ready for a while! haha Love that young dude. I didnā€™t even ask, just sorta brought up the idea. Little bit later itā€™s in my box.

5 Likes

Iā€™m bad at judging space from the videos, but any idea if the NZ NBL 3-point line is NBA distance or closer to college distance?

From the time I spent watching, it definitely appears to be closer to nba range. That said I believe some of those clips are from him playing in hs.

2 Likes

Some of his stats from playing for Auckland. 17.5 ppg, 47% fgp, 43% 3pt fgp, only 65% on free throws.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a weird stat.43% from 3 and only 65% on free throws. Bring him on. Tony and staff will take care of that

1 Like

He only took 26 FTs in 10 games, compared to 69 threes, so the low FT% isnā€™t too much of a red flag for me when it comes to his shooting ability, since there could be some random variation in there.

3 Likes

Means he doesnā€™t get to the rim much tho

26fts in 10 games is more fts than our entire team takes, or it feels like, in 10 games LOL

Missed the part where you said over ten games. Iā€™ll take it haha. I feel like the last team we had that took a lot of free throws was the senior year of Gill, Bronson, etc.

1 Like