March 2023 - UVA Hoops

So it looks like Franklin and Papi are participating in Senior Day (per the Jeff White article). As we’ve learned, it’s not necessarily determinative, but may indicate where their heads are currently.

6 Likes

I would really like Armaan to come back.

I think Reece, Armaan, McKneely, Dunn, Portal Big

With reserves of Harris, Gertrude, Bond, Traudt would be a phenomenal roster even if it could use another guard.

But also he’s been gaming and if he wants to go make some cash in Europe and wrap up his college experience that is understandable

7 Likes

Mixed feelings. I’m pretty wedded to the “play 4 and out” model, plus less Armaan basically means more Elijah and more Leon and more of Dunn playing more of the 3 and probably in that same vein, more Traudt at the 4. But even I have to admit that more Armaan means a higher ceiling next year…

12 Likes

The year is 2027.

The crowd cheers as 5th year transfer from UW-Whitewater is removed from the game. Isaac Traudt runs into the game for his first minutes since early January.

Traudt immediately impacts the game with a quick foul on a hard hedge. Tony grimaces. Traudt dutifully returns to the bench.

(Something to look forward to)

18 Likes

Also Reece and Armaan as your starting 1 and 2 guards is pretty much guaranteed to be the best defensive backcourt in the ACC if not College overall. Especially with the amount of reps those guys will have gotten together

2 Likes

To be fair, he wasn’t practicing well.

3 Likes

I just think neither have made a final decision yet (although I would think Papi has as he’s probably ready to go overseas) so why not go through senior day for Armaan just in case you blow up in NCAAs and you shoot up draft boards.

5 Likes

Yeah, makes sense

Makes one of us.
Enough of guys playing 5 years.
Please don’t give Tony the option to play a 2 guard at small forward next year.

2 Likes

I’d bet money they are both gone. Papi had peaked at uva. He’son the Arg. National team and an Olympian. He’s ready.

I get all want for Armaan to return. But this is his best season and he needs to strike while the irons hot. Another year playing college ball has more downside than up for him.

11 Likes

This.

It is the prudent thing to do. He’ll explore all options a la KC (probably including pro feedback, academic furtherance and NIL considerations ) and make an educated call.

3 Likes

I’d bet Tony told him to go ahead and do it; so he has that experience with his family. He can always come back and do it a 2nd time, like Kihei.

11 Likes

My eyes glossed right over it, but Shedrick doing senior day festivities, too. Did Huff do senior day after his RS 3rd year (I.e., 4th year) ? I don’t remember…

5 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

His Mom comes to just about every game. Not everyone is able to do that but great for her to be there and see almost all of his final season (if that is the case).

3 Likes

Wait is it actually a mystery as to whether or not Shedrick is back next year?

1 Like

Now that would be a stronger indicator than Franklin on next year’s plan.

3 Likes

Huh… that’s strange. I don’t recall Huff or any other RS doing a senior day during their RS Jr season. Then again, I also would not be surprised if Sheds and the program are ready to move on.

8 Likes

I did hear from a source that he is on pace to graduate from the communications school after four years which is pretty impressive.

Edit - other Comm school

5 Likes

I think wrong comm - he’s commerce I think (McIntire)

8 Likes