March Madness Cancelled

1 Like

On the positive side, my potential productivity at work in March and early April just skyrocketed!

5 Likes

2 Likes

I’m not sure about mine since I’ve been told to work from home indefinitely

5 Likes

I’m not sure about the short term effect on my work. If the economy gets bad enough that spending goes way down then I’m gonna take a hit

2 Likes

I’m just sad over the whole thing. All the players. The mid major guys that won’t get the cinderalla shot they’ve earned. The Daytons and Gonzagas that had a chance to make history. Our guys too obviously, but I feel sure Mamadi and Braxton are already satisfied with their college careers. haha

I jokingly said on twitter that I don’t what to do now, but it’s true. Recruiting is on hold for all intents and purposes. April’s live periods will probably be wiped out. The 2021 class is the first to go through the full cycle of the new recruiting calendar, in which April was the biggest portion of evaluation time. That would hurt a lot of kids, and inevitably result in recruits ending up at the wrong level becoming transfers in the years ahead. I’d like to think the NCAA would move things around if necessary, but seriously doubt it. They’ll probably see it as an opportunity to entice more high major talent to their July camps, which won’t happen.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Wow, I’m sure they are doing the right thing but what am I going to do for 9 months,lol
My favorite time of the year

4 Likes

It’s so shocking to realize so many players played their final college game without knowing it

9 Likes

Im definitely sad. But of all the teams in the NCAA, I feel like we are in the position for the least disappointing end to a season. Think about how our season ended. We were on the best winning streak in the ACC with recent victories over Duke and Louisville. Our seniors, Braxton and Mamadi had a beautiful goodbye at JPJ with a huge final home victory, not to mention that they both are already champions(Imagine the seniors of some of these other teams). Its been one of Coach Bennett’s best coaching years with the way this team turned the corner. And two of our rivals VT and UNC got the opportunity to legitimately end their seasons in an ugly fashion. And best of all…We stay the reigning champions for another year…and I have a feeling next year we will be in an even better position to defend our title! So even though I’m disappointed…I’m pretty damn happy with how our season ended.

10 Likes

In other news…

7 Likes

It’s sad that we won’t get to see Mamadi and Braxton again in a UVA uniform. Still can’t wrap my head around it

7 Likes

They played every game like it was.

5 Likes

Go for the 3peat next

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9p1zQXH1hy/

9 Likes

Mood picker upper for this gloomy Thursday night

6 Likes

Along the same line, great time to repost this gem from @stoke

7 Likes

Today has been very hard for me. I get why this had to be done but that doesn’t make it any easier. I can’t imagine how the team feels.

Last year after the Purdue game my wife and I decided we were going to Minneapolis no matter the cost, and we did. It was the best trip of our life, one that we talk about everyday. We were able to see a dream come true. This year their would have probably been a couple like us that would have gone through the same thing and had the trip of a lifetime but now that won’t happen, and that makes me sad.

12 Likes

Thanks! I think that was the first post I made on this site last summer. Feels like a good time for it to resurface.

7 Likes

perfect

1 Like