March Madness Cancelled

Regarding all that’s happened today, it’s been a crazy mix of feelings. I took my father to the hospital yesterday, emergency surgery tomorrow. I really am appreciative of efforts to contain this virus. He’s older with health issues, and it would not be a good thing at all if he caught it.

But … We were sitting in his hospital room watching the pre-game when the ACC tournament announcement came. Big bummer. Watching the tournament together would have been a nice way to spend the afternoon and evening.

10 Likes

FYI watching the natty championship is a lot less stressful when you know the end result

4 Likes

And after all of todays events I feel much better. Thanks for that. I will return for this often

2 Likes

What an unbelievable 24 hours. I sat here last night at this time anticipating the ACC and my trip to Vegas next week for the first four days of the tourney. Since then, it has been a whirlwind of information and changes. I am definitely going to miss that Mamadi smile in a Virginia uniform if that is the last we have seen, and the Braxton Key that does it all!

My most vivid memories from the Final Four this year were Kyle’s heroics against Auburn, Dre’s tying three pointer from 20 rows straight back, Ty’s 3 pointer at the end of the half, and Braxton’s dunk on that breakaway in OT. That’s when I knew we had it, or being a UVA fan, thought that I thought that I thought we had it!

I’m going to miss those guys. Somebody tell me that Braxton doesn’t have a chance at pro basketball. Given what other Hoos have done overseas, etc., he has the ability I would think? He’s probably gotta shoot better but he’s a good player.

I’m thankful that people are looking out for the health of these guys. Frankly, I never thought they’d do it given the money involved. I am upset for the players and coaches, but I think we’d all agree that we’d like to see their next steps going forward in good health.

Like all of you, I feel it’s a long wait until next season and there are a lot of question marks. Hopefully we can continue to banter over the time period as I love the community and the discussions!

8 Likes

Meanwhile, I’m hoping my Anti-Offense Defense Joggers arrive soon so I can chill out in sweats for a few weeks. I’m getting another Master’s in Information Sciences at Arizona and they have cancelled in person classes until 4/13. Also, my real estate clients have decided to wait at the moment except for a few finishing up soon. I need to stock up on comfy clothes, bourbon, beer, write some papers, and watch some movies. Wow. What a strange scenario. Feel like I’m in college again!

6 Likes

Mamadi has 997 points! He was robbed out of 1,000. He would’ve gotten it at least in the ACC Tourney.

5 Likes

Anyone know when ACCN is playing UnbelieVAble next?

1 Like

I still get upset when I watch it and I’ve seen it 3-4 times now

1 Like
2 Likes

This guy has done a great job updating on everything over the last 72 hours. I suggest checking out his page

Why do you get upset?

Emotional would have been a better word. But i get upset and frustrated with the hoos play and mistakes same as I did seeing it live

2 Likes

2 Likes

I get that. I could just watch that over and over again. It would never get old

1 Like

It never gets old. Ive turned it on more than once after a few adult beverages. I love it but the emotional rollercoaster is still there which is cool

1 Like

Hoos lax gonna be loaded next year

4 Likes

Just watched this again. Incredible incredible work here

3 Likes

Ok, I understand that and feel the same way myself. But this one does have a happy ending, lol :smile:

2 Likes

via http://cbssportsapp.com

4 Likes

Should they release a bracket anyway?

4 Likes