March Madness Cancelled

No, especially with what a mess NET was. I’m mostly thinking of bubble teams that did not get the opportunity to play in, eg NC State. It’s meaningless and just leads to what ifism. ESPN will dedicate hundreds of hours of programming to this topic because they have nothing else to discuss.

1 Like

It would be interesting though…

1 Like

Oh it wouldn’t be meaningless to everyone. It means a banner and official recognition for some at-large teams that haven’t been there in a while. Pretty important if you’re a senior at Rutgers. Sweet contract bonuses for coaches too haha

3 Likes

While I was watching the natty from last year last night I noticed something funny. Phil Simms said at the end of the game something along the lines of “wow March madness is over and we sure had a great one! This tournament never fails to deliver!” I think that’s a little ironic given that it has completely failed to deliver this year. Ha

4 Likes

Chris Long’s suggestion is at least as good

ETAo-LbXYAEFuBN

2 Likes

Love it. Who will volunteer to make some like that? Maybe the best restaurants in cville? We could make brackets for so many different awesome things

1 Like

Thanks @DFresh11, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I spent way too much time on it, haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

What’s the seeding of Bodo’s Preston v. Bodo’s Corner v. Bodo’s 29?

Oh that’s a tough one. I’d say corner 1st, Preston 2nd, and Emmett st 3rd

I was looking at using yelp reviews for seeding, then I saw Bizou at #37 and realized that approach is as flawed as NET.

then we all owe you a beer or whatever. just awesome

2 Likes

Haha, I’ll take you up on that when we get games back next year.

2 Likes

Big Ben you are the best dude. assume Phil Simms you meant Jim Nantz here? (former NFL TV partners)

1 Like

It was one of the two guys. Don’t remember which

1 Like

yea. I was just kidding B. youre the best

1 Like

Ha thanks, but you might be wrong. Lotta cool people on this site

2 Likes

Here’ something that has a low chance of happening, but just in case: If Diakite and Key had another year of eligibility and Diakite wanted to stay (which probably won’t happen), Jabri Abdul Rahim would not want to stay playing with this many big men. Can he opt. out after NCAA makes their decision?

1 Like

Diakite tweeted out his goodbye this evening and Key had some Instagram stories of his saying goodbye to JPJ so I don’t think this scenario would come into play at all.

2 Likes

Oh ok.

1 Like

There was no reason for Mamadi to return he’d be throwing away money.

6 Likes