March Madness Cancelled

Yea, As nice as it would be to keep Mamadi he cant wait any longer. His time is now and I hope he is very successful

1 Like

I wonder if one of the coaches who voted for UVa has the initials TB. :smiley:

2 Likes

https://jerryratcliffe.com/tony-bennett-knew-exactly-how-to-break-the-news-of-season-cancellation-to-his-cavaliers/?fbclid=IwAR1jeXmRlfH3tuyjh2u99QUj9cZZyQNWqBGy3Kg5MYAXvkkjLYsTHiFNnbQ

Tony Bennett does it again.

From the article linked above: “I will say that every day I get more respect for the job Tony does,” Diduch said. “He completely turned that [situation] around.

“[Bennett] found a way to bring the guys together, congratulate them for what they accomplished, especially the second half of the year and on the season that they had, and to celebrate the relationships.”

After the emotional part of the final practice, the UVA coach came up with a series of fun things to do in order to keep the players’ minds off of the bad news.

“They made it light,” Diduch said, in terms of the mood. “Tony wanted them to realize what a good thing they have and not dwell on what they were giving up.”

5 Likes

Love that. CTB is the ultimate leader and gets how to motivate and inspire while teaching and providing prospective. I cannot overstate how difficult this is, especially with college age athletes.

4 Likes

2 Likes

The whole league has to get tested. This is mayhem

Kevin Durant is one of them

I saw a report that our guy Joe Harris was one, but that didn’t have a source. Still a possibility tho

Yes it is. I saw on Twitter that Durant was one of them

I hate this stupid virus

3 Likes

That really sucks

1 Like

:cry: I really feel for the fourth years and everyone else who will be missing out on marking a big milestone in their life in the coming months. Life will go on and there are a lot of life/death/livelihood issues to be concerned about right now, but it’s also good to acknowledge that it can be so difficult to accept not being able to have or experience other meaningful parts of life that were embedded into expectations of what the next couple of months were supposed to be like - or that it’ll look different anyways. I wonder what they’ll come up with to mark the occasion in place of walking the lawn.

(And this is just me processing my own thoughts — the last thing I want is for this to come off as telling others how to feel :slightly_smiling_face:)

3 Likes

King him https://twitter.com/tyjerome_/status/1240101370151104513?s=21

2 Likes
1 Like

I feel like that predictions gives and it takes away. I was surprised the metrics gave UVa enough of a rub to get to the Final Four. But then Seeing Yale,make a dep run and BYU along with Wisconsin dampened the effect for me. I also have a hard time seeing the a UW BYU final. Maryland actually would have been a sneaky good pick to lock up a bracket.

4 Likes

Have to agree about the final. I was just pleasantly surprised we were not picked to lose to Richmond in the first round again.

4 Likes
7 Likes

That’s cool

1 Like

It’s on YouTube and I’ve already watched once, but I’m planning on watching it again. I think I’m going to rewatch Purdue this weekend

2 Likes

You may have already heard but tomorrow CBS is airing the championship game again and KG is live streaming him watching it and his reaction. He says it’ll be his first time watching. Plus, Dre and Ty are live tweeting about it too. This is going to be fun!

3 Likes