Mayhem broke out in the Kansas St-Kansas game

Anyone watching to put into context? This looks bad for everyone.

https://twitter.com/Kyle__Boone/status/1219801458335457288

2 Likes

Closer shot

2 Likes

WOW! NCAA acts quickly…

In response to brawl NCAA announces all Kansas players involved will have pay docked 5% this pay period and class attendance will be required for 2 whole weeks.

12 Likes

De Sousa preparing for his pro career in the WWE.

EO2h31KUYAA4LZs

4 Likes

Wow that was crazy! That pic from HGN should be hung up somewhere too. Absolutely insane. I understand that it’s a big in state rivalry too, but there’s absolutely NO place for that in sports. No ifs, ands, or buts. End of discussion

1 Like

Haha just looked at that picture again and it gets even better every time I look at it. Zoom in and check out some of the fans’ facial reactions. Priceless

1 Like

Wasn’t a chair. It’s a stool. :laughing:

EO2qU91W4AApbXU

4 Likes

Still pretty bad…

1 Like

I don’t think he actually ended up throwing or hitting with it. Not a great look, but the still pictures look a little worse than the actual video of the fight.

2 Likes

Yeah he did put it down…or someone took it from him, not sure.

2 Likes

Right at the end of this clip, he puts it down/an assistant coach pushes it out of his hands: https://twitter.com/wibwmitchel/status/1219802358252810240?s=21

2 Likes

I hadn’t even seen that view. It’s such a crazy scene. For those unfamiliar, De Sousa came up in the FBI investigation. He was the center of a small bidding war between Adidas (Kansas) and Under Armour (Maryland). I think 10-20K was the amount involved. He became a sympathetic figure because it was all his guardian’s doing. Received a suspension last season. He’s barely playing this year, and just isn’t very good frankly. I expect KU will gladly toss him under the bus.

2 Likes

I’m seeing some media folks call out David McCormack too for “stomping” on someone. I could be wrong but it looks to me like he’s just trying to step over people to get to De Sousa, or join the cause whichever.

2 Likes

Nope. Just saw a better replay on tv. Big Dave definitely stomped that dude, same undressed KSU player that fought with De Sousa.

2 Likes

De Sousa is “suspended indefinitely” from Bill Self (KU Coach) but there will be more suspensions to follow

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting video from Stephen A and crew Stephen A. reacts to the brawl at Kansas vs. Kansas State | First Take - YouTube

2 Likes

Ugg I can’t believe I’m actually on the same side of an argument as Max Kellermen…

2 Likes

Per release, Silvio De Sousa has been suspended 12 games and David McCormack has been suspended 2 games. #kubball

— JayhawkSlant (@JayhawkSlant) January 22, 2020
2 Likes

Final suspensions

3 Likes

Almost as if they listened to the talking heads all day to figure out what would be the socially acceptable punishment. Nah!!

3 Likes