Mobile Problems Fixed

Users should be able to post from their phones again. Let us know if you’re experiencing any problems.

11 Likes

woohoo!!!

3 Likes

Test
Test Corona GIF by guardian

It works! Thank you guys for fixing it!

5 Likes

Did you fix it by turning it off; counting to ten; then turning it back on again… because that always works.
Homer Simpson Lol GIF by Demic

9 Likes

I’d like a refund for all the lost hot takes I missed out on dropping over the weekend

5 Likes

Use it as motivation to get back to the hot takes grind!

3 Likes

Lost some functionality on mobile. Likes and emojis and stuff like that. Can still read and reply. No biggie at all. Just trying to be a good citizen. Maybe just me

4 Likes

Sarcastic Not Me GIF by Amazon miniTV

1 Like

One thing I’ve noticed on mobile is that when I exit out of a thread it automatically scrolls me down the page to like 10-20 threads below the top. I have to scroll back up to the top of the page every time. Not a biggie but figured I’d mention it.

6 Likes

I think (but am not sure) that’s because of the twitter posts “popping.” For a split second, they show as normal text, and then they pop up bigger, and that messes with where the site thinks you should be in a thread. At least, that’s been my working assumption. I do like the tweet embeds, but what you’re describing is a thing, too.

2 Likes

It does that too, but also takes you to near the bottom of the table of contents when you exit out of a thread.

3 Likes

Just noticed that for the first time earlier today.

And separately, the Twitter posts “popping” is a little annoying and it’s been that way for maybe a few months now. But, I know that may just be how it has to work now given all the changes to Twitter. Being able to still embed the tweets is great, so I have decided to just live with the “popping” thing.

3 Likes

I’ve had the post jumping issue on mobile for a while now. A couple things I do to minimize the occurrence pretty successfully:

• If I’m reading a thread and need to pause to do, idk some real life shit or something, go back on your browser to the forum homepage where all the threads are listed. If you leave the thread up when you turn off your screen or put your phone back in your pocket or whatever, and someone makes a new comment on the thread, once you re-open to read again, it will start you at the bottom/newest comment. Backing out to the forum list before taking your break prevents this IME.

• Pay attention to the faint line in between posts (see my high quality edit below). Crossing the line even just barely into the next post can make it seem as though you’ve read the next post, or sometimes, next few posts, once you return to thread to keep reading. So being kind of careful as to where you leave off/how you browse can help to not miss posts and reduce the need to scroll back up trying to figure out what you last read.

1 Like

The Post Jumping (when you’re randomly jumped ~15 posts down) is a known bug in the software we use for the forums. We’re working with the provider to get it fixed at the earliest. Thanks for the reports.

10 Likes

Man whatever platform y’all switched to…you need to switch back before basketball season.

5 Likes

Fact

1 Like

No kidding lol

2 Likes

I think it’s that men’s swimming thread that did it

5 Likes

Yeah the site is crashing takes 20 minutes to post once

1 Like