Mobile Problems Fixed

Swimming always the thorn in my side

3 Likes

Tried to like your post but got an error message

5 Likes

It’s the same platform that we’ve been running for years. Yesterday was an exception as we had to make some last minute emergency updates to allow for expanding the infra that runs this forum.

Our apologies for the unexpected outage, it was a much needed change that we had to make desperately and didn’t get time to inform in advance. We’ve deployed mitigations in place to avoid this from happening.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

2 Likes

Nope

2 Likes

I’m still occasionally getting “Something went wrong” when I like a post (though the like still goes through, so nothing actually went wrong from my perspective). I also can’t see the like button on posts anymore, but I know where it is…

Edit: buttons reappeared now

3 Likes

Fwiw, I’m still getting intermittent error messages and what-nots (“draft being edited in another window” as I’m typing this), this morning/early afternoon. No big whoop. And I’m on my laptop (in Chrome).

1 Like

I’m also getting intermittent errors still, and some instances of slow/non-loading while on the forum

7 Likes

Was bad for me yesterday, but no issues today. Strange.

2 Likes

Lots of errors on browser and mobile today.

2 Likes

All good right now mobile, but had trouble earlier on desktop.

1 Like

After working really well for me yesterday, getting a ton of error messages again today.

2 Likes

Same. problems on mobile and desktop

Thing have been sporadically glitchy for me all week. But right now, issues are much more severe. Slow loads, hangup-forever loads, 429 error, the frowny-face error page, “Something went wrong”, “Draft is being edited in another window”… I’ve collected the complete set, what do I win?

(Not complaining, appreciate all that you guys do. Just alerting you to what’s going on. I’m on desktop.)

Now I’m not sure I can leave this comment cuz I keep getting 429 error…

4 Likes

Taking me 10 minutes of refreshing to access the forum

1 Like

Editing posts has also been an issue, keep getting continuous 429 errors for that as well.

2 Likes

It’s a dumpster fire on mobile atm.

3 Likes

Interestingly, it’s working perfectly on my iPhone, but it’s almost unusable on PC with Chrome.

I’m on iPhone and it’s barely working. All the same issues as mentioned above.

3 Likes

I had to type my picks in a word doc and bring them over the site was so wonky. And i was on a desktop

Working just fine on my 1997 Nokia

5 Likes