šŸ’° Name-Image-Likeness (NIL) Discussion

So if I read the article right, the plan is to sanction the schools, because declaring an athlete ineligible would put them in a world of legal hurt. But then itā€™s kinda hand-wavy in terms of how that would then put a stop to the kind of NIL that the ADs and NCAA donā€™t like.

1 Like

No im not putting words in anyones mouth. Im speaking my own words. If you canā€™t understand what im saying thats on you not me. Im speaking in plain english in case you have not noticed.

I have never brought up politics on this board 1 time. I say the word woke (and you get to decide the definition of it) and you triggered mofos go into meltdown. :joy::joy::joy:

Guys lets just keep politics of any type off
this board. You can go to Twitter and argue all day long. I have my strong opinions like many others but i will never bring them up on here. Im not taking sides .Letā€™s just keep this for UVA sports.

6 Likes

Thats why im here. UVA Sports

4 Likes

Not sure you can have an intelligent NIL discussion without some layers of politics. What we donā€™t need is drive by garbage comments that donā€™t help this discussion, you can take that to the Sabre

4 Likes

You guys can do what you want to. I have no authority over anything . If I donā€™t like it i can go somewhere else
NP

Agreed. Intrinsic in NIL discussion is what will federal and state lawmakers do, in addition to what the NCAA or schools themselves will do. Itā€™s completely necessary to include politics in the conversation. (Plus tax and immigration and other ancillary legal matters).

But thereā€™s the ā€œSenator XYZ probably wouldnā€™t support proposal A because he/she has never voted for anything like proposal Aā€ which I think is perfectly valid political analysis

vs the ā€œSide X is greedy and racist or Side Y is greedy and woke and itā€™s their fault all this is happeningā€ political commentary thatā€™s completely useless and a major impediment to many peoples enjoyment of sports talk message boards.

8 Likes

It looks like the SEC has sent some of their representitives to congress to try to get this figured out. I think ulrimately thats where some regulation comes from. I donā€™t know who else can do it ā€¦

Letā€™s start a Roe vs. Wade discussion thread and tie it into NIL. I donā€™t know Roe, but Wade could shoot so I think we offered her.

Letā€™s keep it fun and clean boys. No need for deep politics right now. By the way - Abe Lincoln was a good rim protector and rebounder.

7 Likes

That top hat was tough to shoot over

4 Likes

Lou Roe v Dwyane Wade

3 Likes

Abe was sneaky long and could really rebound! Saw some daguerreotypes and he could hoop!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard William Howard Taft was an absolute beast in the low post

5 Likes

Low center of gravity

2 Likes

Am i gonna pay a 17 year old kid to ā€˜hangā€™ with me after i have paid many thousands over the years for the season tickets that has allowed them to get exposure in the 1st place?

If i were gonna have to pay any attention to a wanting teenager to ā€˜hangā€™ with me it would be my grandaughter ā€¦ Which thankfully i dont have to do.

1 Like

Happy mothers day to all the moms ā€¦

4 Likes

these NIL deals are getting weirder every day

14 Likes

Steve Kerr in line is stranger stillā€¦

15 Likes

Bro I had the exact thought ā€œWTF is Steve Kerr doing there?ā€

6 Likes

Haha. Dying here

1 Like