💰 Name-Image-Likeness (NIL) Discussion

I just had to zoom in to make sure it really wasn’t him. LOL!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sooooo, who’s supposedly enforcing this, the NCAA or the schools?

The NCAA apparently.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, all they’re supposedly cracking down on is DIRECT offers from boosters to recruits. Ruiz can tell Miami coaches to let recruits know the amounts of their signing day prizes. No problem.

2 Likes
1 Like

What in the world? But this coming from a guy who has no idea what the appeal of NFTs are and the valuations around them

2 Likes

Well Hunter Dickinson outed Michigan
 ‘pay up or you will never get another top 10 player’.

Lovely 

2 Likes

Lets use an old fashioned term here. Hogwash. at the tweet not at you @Hooandtrue

3 Likes

When is Tina Fey going to offer acting roles in her next project to prospective players?

3 Likes

How did I miss this? Tennessee is the school. Gives more credence to the recent rumor of $2 million for Julian Phillips. I went from “$2 million? Holy shit” to “$2 million? Julian Phillips you gettin robbed”. lol

I saw others online mention this regarding the rumors around Phillips NIL deal

We are going g to have trouble staying a top 15 program if this shit isn’t reeled in. We can’t and won’t keep up

1 Like

That’s crazy if Phillips really got $1M. I really really like him and still think there’s at least 20 transfers that could help a team more next year. All presumably you could get for a lot less.

2 Likes

I think it will be reeled in and all reel itself in once people see the lack of returns on investing that much into 18-22 year olds. Look at Kentucky’s results this year with their NIL transfer Armada and Ty Washington getting his Porsche.

Not $1 million. $2 million. lol. Auburn was offering around $1 million. And yeah veteran experience = a more proven commodity for around $400k. But wings and mamadi bigs are gold in the transfer portal.

2 Likes

Lol you spend 7 figures on Julian Phillips and this is the roster you put out? Is that even an SEC contender? It feels like the Brooklyn Nets spending all their cap space on KD and Kyrie.

3 Likes

Hard challenge on these numbers

1 Like

Has the G League signed anybody yet? Outside of maybe London? haha This kind of foolishness is going to put the Ignite out of business.

6 Likes

Tennessee does have an NIL collective with $25 million committed to it.

Can London even sign in HS?