💰 Name-Image-Likeness (NIL) Discussion

These NIL deals are turning into Bill Brasky stories.

9 Likes

Unreal

2 Likes
7 Likes

:grimacing:

3 Likes

Ouch

1 Like

i am completely lost on the duke thing… they have like 150,000 living alumni and while i get they are polarizing, who are the random people that are FANS of duke (to the point of formally “interacting” with a post)? anyone i know who didn’t go to duke hates them… do they really have a bunch of sidewalk/wal*mart fans?

(note - i live in Durham about 2 miles from their campus and i can go multiple months forgetting this b/c everyone around me is a UNC or NCSU fan. there is one guy on my street w/ an Iron Dukes car sticker but otherwise it’s a whole lot of nothing).

2 Likes

Hey, we made the top 50 despite CTB’s best efforts!

Not surprised UNC is below ■■■■ but a little surprised at the size of the gap.

4 Likes

Basketball fans? Probably what they should have proportionately. And no doubt a significant number of bandwagon/fair weather fans due to the success, recruiting wins and villain status.

But the vast majority, IMO aren’t as much basketball fans as they are adherents of pop culture. ■■■■ basketball is probably the only basketball they know and they don’t know much. They’ve had duke crammed down their throats by espn all of their lives. It’s the jersey they see all the kids wear. There’s no real love for the team or the school, it’s just what “everybody does” and lots of people do so enjoy following the crowd.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve met multiple ■■■■ fans who aren’t alumni and they come from all over. ■■■■ is a massive brand constantly on national TV. They’re also often the same group of people who also list the Yankees and Lakers simultaneously as among their other favorite teams.

1 Like

NYC area seems to be full of those types for ■■■■ somehow.

4 Likes

And funny enough, I see more UVA gear in Durham than I do duke gear normally.

Definitely an uptick in Virginia gear in these parts last 10 or so years. Love it

2 Likes

Yup. One of the strongest ■■■■ fans I met is from Staten Island.

that space got crowded real quick

2 Likes

Would’ve never guessed Kentucky would be anything lower than 2nd. Shocked they are behind Perdue

1 Like

Tina Thompson?

5 Likes

One thought on that, and I should’ve added it as a caveat, is that this is just for June, so I think some of that is NBA draft related. Kentucky really only had Ty Ty as a high level prospect, whereas Purdue had Ivey. I think / assume the reason Davidson is so high is because they retired Steph’s jersey right after they won the finals.

I’d be interested to see an average month, or even in-season month. Maybe that view would be kinder to UVa.

5 Likes

Yep! Cowboys fans too!

1 Like

Every single person on Long Island is a Duke fan.

3 Likes