NBA Season '20-'21

9 Likes

perfect pass…

3 Likes
10 Likes

“FOR THE WIN!!” call would have been accurate then…

6 Likes

Malcolm did it again. Messed around and almost got a triple-double. 23-9-14 last night in the win.

6 Likes

Damn he is straight puttin up numbers

3 Likes

Come on now… :joy:

2 Likes

Not NBA but cool nonetheless
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNvxb4zH-Kh/

5 Likes

That’s awesome. Glad to see Jack healthy and back out on the court.

3 Likes

Hear Jack talk too! Sal's NBL on Instagram: ""So excited I couldn't sleep" Great to see @jack_salt on court for the @canterburyrams after 24 months out, ahead of the #SalsNBL season. #EnjoyTheShow"

Maybe there’s an alums playing overseas thread?

3 Likes

Mike Scott’s rockin’ an afro now:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/jjmaples55_mst/status/1384233843520016388?s=21

Malcolm is have his best season (box score stats-wise) while having the 6th worst spacing in the NBA

3 Likes

I really want him traded to a title contender this offseason. Would open things up so much more for him.

1 Like

John Grisham, interviewed in today’s New York Times, reveals that the protagonist of his new novel is based, at least in part, on . . . Mamadi Diakite!

For his 46th book, “Sooley,” Grisham is bringing volume shooting to print, with his first basketball novel.

It tracks a 17-year-old named Sam­uel Sooleymon, who leaves Sudan for the first time to play college basketball in the United States. While he is stateside, a civil war in Sudan rages on, leaving members of his family stranded in a refugee camp. He vows to rescue his family, especially as hopes grow that he will be drafted by an N.B.A. team.

In an interview, Grisham, who played baseball and basketball at Southaven High School in Mississippi, said the idea for the story began three years ago, when he read an article about the South Sudanese national team competing in Hawaii at the World Youth Basketball Tournament. He combined their story with that of Mamadi Diakite, who is from Guinea and played four seasons at the University of Virginia. Diakite signed a two-way contract with the Milwaukee Bucks in November. (There is a familiar third source of inspiration, which would require a major spoiler.) . . . .

GRISHAM: I was sitting in a bar with a friend having a drink and they flashed on television, “March Madness is canceled!” And I thought that was the end of the world. I never thought they could cancel March Madness. And so I took it pretty hard. I thought, “You know, we’re all depressed about it.” And I said: “I’m going to think real hard. I’ve got some ideas about a novel for college basketball. So I’m going to start and then get it done this year” . . . .

Tony Bennett [coach of the Virginia men’s team] is one of my heroes in life, and he knows so much about basketball. I love watching the games. I have no idea what’s really happening. He does. Coaches do. So I talked to coaches. I talked to a couple of former players, just about the ins and outs of college basketball.

Spoiler alert: Sooley’s team upsets Duke.

14 Likes

Behind a paywall, but a great story on Joe. “As of Monday, only 25 players have played as many minutes as Harris this season. Nash called Harris “a warrior” and said he’s unable to have a conversation with him about rest. Harris simply won’t have it.”

4 Likes

Some of his shooting %s from 3 are ridiculous…like 58% on wide-open 3’s (leads League)…

5 Likes
20 Likes

Ah man that’s great news. He’s worked his a$$ off and deserves all the credit in the world. Hard to believe how far he’s come in 5-6 yrs.

15 Likes

Awesome for him. He doesn’t develop into the player he is without Virginia, but also feel like we didn’t get to see his full potential. Excited for how he continues to develop.

1 Like

Def doesnt hurt

8 Likes