NC Central Game Thread

Will do. And no worries if no dice. I’m going no matter what. Thanks again

1 Like

Can someone post a link to his Google doc? Thanks in advance.

Good morning Hoos. It’s mother effing gameday!

6 Likes

I anticipate Tony doing a lot of lineup experimentation and playing the young guys a lot late so the final margin will probably not reflect the overall difference between the two teams.

Mother effing Leon Bond redshirt day!

2 Likes

HOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

We are fcked

10 Likes
  • You may need to be added to his google group, if you’re not already
  • Scroll down to the header “MASN” then to “Underlying streams”
  • Click on the super long link
  • Seems to work best on Safari and other mobile browsers, not so much on Chrome
  • To use one of the other browsers, you need some plug-in and that gets super confusing
  • If that doesn’t work, find someone who is under 30 or so and still knows how the internet works.
7 Likes

NC Central, correct me if Im wrong, is a team I feel that we see a lot in March Madness as a 16 seed. I feel like I have watched them play in Dayton as a play in 16 seed several times but could be dead wrong and mixing them up with one of the other staples like Texas A&M Community College.

1 Like

Lost in Dayton three years in a row, from 2017-19. Had top seed in their conference tourney in 2020. They haven’t been as good the past two years. They are always at or near the top of the MEAC, which basically means they kind of stink. Sorry MEAC fans.
https://kenpom.com/history.php?t=North+Carolina+Central

1 Like
  • Should Haney start a new thread with this post and immediately close it?
  • Hmmm…I’m not sure
  • No that would be stupid
  • Yes
  • I like redshirts!

0 voters

1 Like

Confirmation that Tony Bennett and Jay Wright are LRA posters.

4 Likes

I like red shirts an I cannot lie
You other brothers can deny
A prep walks in wit a itty bitty game an
a round ball in your face. The shirt gets SPRUNG

4 Likes

It’s kind of wild to me how college basketball sells it’s product sometimes. You’ve got a rabid fan base who has waited for 7 months for the sport they love to return and we all want to watch our teams in action…. and we have to spend like an hour figuring out if it’s even being broadcast where we can watch it or if it we have to find weird unofficial workarounds and a chunk of us just won’t even see it because it was just too much of a hassle/confusing.

What other sport would handle opening day like that? I get that we’ve got way more teams than most sports and that complicates it but… come on.

Also, I pay for a bundle with ACC network. I feel like I should get all ACC games. Is that insane? And yes I know it’s way more complicated than that, but as I slowly mentally morph into an old man, I won’t let that stop me.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

12 Likes

Just get MASN, guys. And if you don’t live in an area with MASN that’s a hint to come on back to the good ole commonwealth

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m mostly just happy to have college hoops back in my life (not that it really left), but today’s buy-game-apolooza is really bad. It’s opening day!! … but no games on any major network or sports network (ESPNU is the closest) and the best game of the day is Vandy-Memphis. Anybody pumped for the big Vandy Memphis tilt on opening night? I think the unofficial start of the season is really feast week and all the good MTEs, but yeah, this week is uninspiring.

3 Likes

A couple years ago we opened the season with 2 ACC games, which I think coaches hated.

And my guess is the demand for these games is low in the sports universe (even though you and I are chomping at the bit to see them). A lot of my friends, who are huge sports fans, don’t watch college basketball until March Madness.

3 Likes

Yup opened the 2019/20 season with Cuse on the road on a midweek game. Not ideal.

I don’t think we need to see conference games on opening night, and hell I’m okay with it being essentially giveme games on opening night, but at least put it on television, make it an event. Even if you just have a cple marquee games and the rest of the country is off on random game U.

2 Likes

The Kentucky, Kansas, Mich St., Duke rotating series is the closest thing we have to it. I wonder how big a brand you have to be to cut through the noise at this point on the calendar.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not asking for some major scheduling change, I just want to be able to watch my team play and not have to read a 30 page document on how to navigate potentially questionable regional TV streams. My insanely low bar for college basketball opening day is every fan knowing they can watch their team play in an easy and accessible manner.

But I also just might be a moron and just need to sit down with my services for 30 minutes and figure out if, in fact, I do have easy access.

4 Likes