NC State game postponed

Man that’s frustrating. League office seems content to have teams play a random number of games. Just don’t understand the difference in approach between football and basketball.

4 Likes

They don’t care. Attendance revenue has been written off. TV is paying regardless.

I think Sparty is available for Wed.

2 Likes
8 Likes

I’m beginning to think most teams will be lucky to get in 15 league games. Id use the Greensboro bubble to make up games rather than hold a somewhat meaningless ACCT.

1 Like

I say just have the top 4-6 teams only in the ACC tourney. Not like anybody else has any real shot of winning it especially with the double bye format

3 Likes

I just want to remake our game with Nova soon. We would smash them: they have literally no one to defend Jay Huff and our guard defense has actually been our best attribute, even in the Gonzaga game. CMON TONY. Thursday night with Nova let’s do this.

7 Likes

well well well

1 Like

Work your magic

3 Likes

Not happening

1 Like

2 Likes

Sigh. I’d love to see some reporting on how these decisions are getting made. TB mentioned very briefly that these kinds of conversations about the schedule are happening constantly, but it’s not clear to me who is actually making the call in these situations where a late switch might be a possibility.

4 Likes

Me too. It would seem when you could lose games at anytime it would make sense to play whenever you get a chance. Neither team could game plan so it would be equal for both.

1 Like

How does that make sense? Why would those games be a deterrent when they weren’t for the originally scheduled game?

I hear ya. The logic makes no sense. We were already scheduled to play wed sat mon.

1 Like

I don’t know where the hold up is but if all the parties wanted to get this done it would be easy

This team needs games to continue momentum. in november teams play 4 games in a row. Have 3 games over 6 days when games are sparce to begin with, isn’t a lot.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think both parties necessarily want to get this done. I would not be at all shocked if Tony didn’t want to play VT on one day’s notice given how he’s talked about prep time for other games. They’re also our in-state rival, ranked, and among the top current competitors for the ACC regular season title. It’s not like throwing another Notre Dame on the schedule with 24 hours heads up.

Ummm why the F not? Lol.

He is very insistent on getting as much practice time as possible in. If I recall, it was rumored that CTB preferred UMBC when picking our 16 seed matchup because it gave him an extra days worth of practice. My memory may be shot and wrong on this though

1 Like

VT is 2 hours and 20 minutes from JPJ. Our coaches could scout VT and get one practice in later this afternoon, and vice versa. It’s not ideal, but Tony has said on several ocassions we are going to need to be flexible in our scheduling and game preparation this season. So this feels doable, but I guess it won’t happen. :frowning:

1 Like