NCAA Tournament Live Thread

If org st blows this it will be one of the worst collapses I’ve seen

1 Like

Yeah it’s been fun so far! Oral Roberts over Ohio State in OT is the big upset. VT went down in OT to Florida. Oregon State is all over Tennessee for a nice 12/5 upset. Loyola beat Georgia Tech. Arkansas was down double digits to Colgate for a while before rolling in the 2nd half.

5 Likes

Nice summary

1 Like

Thanks HGN, Oral Roberts , Wow

1 Like

The Lord called Ohio State home.

5 Likes

Looks like I missed a fun day. My ass is wore out but I’m all in now

1 Like

Tennessee is done

2 Likes

Probably not the right spot for this but just wanted to plug the VIP Sub. Just got this package today, 1 hat 1 toboggan and 1 sweatshirt. 3 months in and I’ve gotten a ton of great gear plus access to great VIP boards. If you aren’t on it and you’re reading this you need to join!

10 Likes

That hat :fire:

3 Likes

The Minny final 4 backing is my favorite design on here and I’ve gotten a hat toboggan and sweatshirt all with the sub to go along with the t shirt of it I bought previously. Great work @Merch!!

3 Likes

I’m convinced Wisconsin has the same roster it had 5 years ago.

12 Likes

Reuvers Trice Davison. What’s Ethan Happ up to?

2 Likes

They remind me of FSU. Looks like the same team every year

1 Like

And they’ll all probably be back next year too lol

1 Like

Fact i thought the same thing

1 Like

Okie St finally woke up

So my impression of the first day… ACC not doing well… B1G doing just as bad… so perception bias of the B1G made them amazing while perception bias of the ACC made them terrible.

I feel like there is some regression analysis that could be done to show how this perception bias affects the different statistical models (Torvik, KenPom, NET)… because some level of human data has to be entered to start the rankings. I wish I did better in my statistics classes…

2 Likes

The way i see it the acc had an 8 a 7 a 9 and a 10 lose with an 11 winning. Two of those the lower seed loss expected at face value an 8/9 game not really an upset. A 7/10 eh same. And an 11 over a 6 is a big deal.

The BIG had a 4 and a 2 drop games undoubted upsets and a 9 ein a break even maybe a slight upset.

For me that all plays out as the BIG having the worse day. Now the ACC can make or break their weekend with today’s games. FsU and Uva winning means the top two conference teams take care of business and all is well. Both lose and you got a problem

9 Likes

This happens every year that some conference is anointed the best a third of the way through the season largely based on results of November/December. Then it becomes the conventional wisdom that said conference is the best and when they beat up on each other in conference, it’s just because the conference is so good. Opposite is true for a major conference that fares poorly in Nov/Dec. There never seems to be an allowance for growth of teams through the year. And until the NCAA, there isn’t any inter-conference play to see who is best in Feb/March. I think we’re seeing that the B1G ain’t the juggernaut it was touted to be. To be fair, the ACC has had similar results in years past. Same story most every year, just the hyped conference is what changes.

5 Likes

I think this year the metrics aren’t as reliable because of the much smaller OOC. So conferences more or less stayed rated what they were coming into the season. The Big 10 is reaping the benefits of being awesome last year.

3 Likes