NCAA Tournament Live Thread

Going to be an unhappy Seattle tomorrow with so many Zags fans - even the UW and WSU people might be a little disappointed. Can’t say I’ll be bummed too much, though :slight_smile:

But lots of time to come back with their offense. Baylor needs to come out on lockdown to start the half again.

1 Like

Very true. They’ve just been so good since the Elite Eight. Would love to see how they would’ve closed the season if they didn’t have a Covid pause. Think this might be two undefeated teams.

2 Likes

First 5 mins of 2nd half are gonna be huge

2 Likes

CBS’ ratings depend on it.

1 Like

Gonzaga has definitely figured out the Baylor D. They still can’t stop them beyond “hope they miss a 3”.

2 Likes

Baylor gets away with some egregious rakes from help defenders. The Timme turnover came from getting slapped on both arms at the same time.

2 Likes

I thought that was a foul ans even the dive over on the loose ball

1 Like

I miss when we were physical and would maybe get away with some physicality that other teams complained about.

Points per game isn’t the only metric for good defense.

5 Likes

Eh, I get what you are saying, but this is a little different. It’s more like how West Virginia plays defense, hack the ball handler to hell and dare the refs to call everything. Not my cup of tea aesthetically, but it does work for Baylor.

3 Likes

Two great opportunities there to moustache Timme after the block and the 3. Still hoping to see it.

Damn Kispert finally showed some athleticism, sheesh.

Can Butler not dunk? Great shooter and handler, he may be the least athletic of the guards.

1 Like

Can the zags get another run?

Oh my Butlers handle and pass. The Zags are done. They’re going to lose by 30

2 Likes

What’s Kispert got 5 pts and a block?

2 Likes

The Zags switching defense is dumb. They don’t have the athletes to do that.

Defense is def not something Mark Few works on.

CTB and Mark Few should pair up, make the super coach.

2 Likes

Wonder how different this plays out if these teams met back in Dec and Gonzaga got a taste of this aggression

1 Like

Behind seeing the Hokies lose in anything and everything, this is the greatest schadenfreude I have ever felt.

3 Likes

Baylor went 5 mins with no fgs and increased their lead…

2 Likes

Well maybe if he wasn’t so busy playing with his mustache or headband then he would be stronger with the ball :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Love hearing the Baylor kids talking mad trash.

6 Likes