NCAAT First Round - Furman vs Virginia (12:30 PM, TruTV, Thursday, 16 Mar 2023)

LFG Ty

https://twitter.com/tyjerome_/status/1636477795382566915?s=46&t=TLtc0ruA8RdBi8KFTrhv5Q

9 Likes

Kihei blew it that play but STFU with he lost on purpose!

Seriously STFU.

Did you see him play for five years? Did you see him force two turnovers in the last few minutes that would have been the game winning plays if not for his game losing play?

6 Likes

You did say it.

Good point on genocide though… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Famous last words

https://twitter.com/JusAnderson1/status/1636438342425534464

https://twitter.com/JusAnderson1/status/1636438621514285064

8 Likes

So, how does ignore work again?

1 Like

Deep into the archives

8 Likes

There is something funny about the idea of ignoring a person, but just for one day.

Like I’m fine with the guy for right now, but I know for sure he’s gonna say something that’ll piss me off tomorrow so Imma go ahead and schedule this one out.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised at how little the ignore feature is used. I get notifications if someone is ignored by more than 5 users. Only happened maybe 2 or 3 times.

4 Likes

As much of a proponent as I am for its use, there’s only like two or three people I have on ignore here. For the most part things are pretty tame tbh. Even this thread wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be in the aftermath of the game.

1 Like

I’m over it already. The UMBC loss kept me depressed and indoors for a whole weekend. That team was by far the cream of the crop in 2018. This year’s team is a patchwork on the patchwork of last season’s team. Dedication and hard work can only take you so far.

I also don’t see why anyone, except possibly Shedrick and Taine, would transfer out. It is a good program with a great coach. What, Traudt will leave because he redshirted this season? That makes absolutely no sense! He already redshirted; he already did his time! Is he thinking, “yeah, I’m going to teach Tony a lesson for allowing me to redshirt!” Nope. He knows where he stands next season. He is probably more aware of the deficiencies in this year’s team than we are, having practiced against them; and is aware of the latent talent accompaning him on the bench.

I’d like to know why Shedrick spent so much time on the bench; but it is probably better that that info remains private.

Anyway, I hope you all are able to find peace soon. Good night.

8 Likes

It’s not an effective feature at all. You check into a thread and there are conversations going on between the Freds you ignore and posters that you don’t, and you end up getting lost and having to read the hidden replies (only to remember why you ignored the Fred in the first place). If you have a fairly high number of Freds ignored, any given thread can be totally incomprehensible.

3 Likes

Also, if you are a prayer, pray for Kihie tonight. He is a warrior but this is probably the worse night of his young life.

11 Likes

It’s funny to watch former players learn to become fans.

Part 1 - hey, why is everyone so pessimistic?

Part 2 - …

Part 3 - hello darkness my old friend…

Sad Paul Simon GIF

:joy:

6 Likes

Who selects which players join Tony for the postgame press conference? Considering how well Shedrick played, I was surprised he wasn’t up there.

Pretty sure it’s Tony. Maybe some Bach

1 Like

Watched the highlights and all I can say is what the fuck? It is like everything we say this team has happen over and over again happened all at once in two minutes. Game decided by the 3 ball? Yep. Questionable reffing? Yep. Missing free throws, good God, the free throws issue has made me want to throw myself out of a window. Of course, to tie the bow, there’s a terrible Kihei play making me wonder how a singular player can make both the greatest and worst play possible in their time at UVA. At the end of the day, I cannot stand our tournament inconsistency. I don’t know who will transfer but it won’t be less than two. Something needs to change.

Ugh, I really don’t know what to think anymore.

5 Likes

Well I think the 3-4 players he offers he should have seen before. I mean there can’t only be *one player at each position that can fit our system in any 4 year period.

1 Like

Well said. I really appreciate this.

1 Like

I didn’t say he *didn’t want Taine- he wanted Keels and didn’t get him, TJ power, Jahvon Quinerly, “Funny story” and others whom he’s *waited on until they burned him. Meanwhile we practically beg him to offer other players, and then when we don’t, we get Stattman, Badocchi, Malachi and others who end up transferring.

But if a player pops up that he wants he’ll offer. Recruiting doesn’t work like how us fans think it does lol. They are always scouting and contacting multiple players.