New summer recruiting thread

Good question…I just remember watching him in his junior year and he was a stud all season, offensively and defensively. I’ll forgive his first year and a half in the NBA as *everybody is adjusting so we will have to see!

1 Like

Mitchell followed the JA school of striking while the draft-iron was hot (which I think in their cases was probably wise).

4 Likes

Saw Ball’s name tossed around a little. Final five of DePaul, Miami, Providence, UCONN, USC.

2 Likes

Big time Texas scout who I’m pretty sure is familiar with UVA staff (he tweeted something like “Willy knows talent” when UVA offered Kaiser a few months back)

7 Likes

Kyle Getter trying to flip Reed Sheppard (was probably watching Jaydon Young). Anthony Solomon also there

1 Like

“… and has SURE hands.”

Soooooo… Buchanan is the Bizarro Caffaro? I like how that sounds… :wink:

11 Likes
3 Likes

Milan as well

3 Likes

No Gonzaga or ISU coaches.

9 Likes

This live box score sequence encapsulates where Buchanan’s current offensive game is. Lots of almost really good things.

5 Likes

Doesn’t look like Momcilovic is playing

2 Likes

This sounds really promising. If we could end up with something like: Elmarko, Gertrude, Power, Buchanan…. That’s an amazing class. Especially after ‘22. We’ve really struggled to get good classes following 3-5 man classes the previous year. Changing that trend would be big time. Eliminates(to a degree) some of those down years like this past year.

21 Likes

That would be F4 potential in 24-25 and 25-26. Of course 23-24 is gonna have that as well……

6 Likes

Momcilovic was playing. They flubbed the box score, he was the unnamed player 68 haha Hit the game winner in sudden death OT.

7 Likes

Having a PG with a pull-up jumper would be so nice

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeuDuqKr3uJ/?igshid=NWRhNmQxMjQ=

He also already looks (comparatively) very strong. I wonder what it would be like after 1-2 years of Mike Curtis. Maybe a Jrue Holiday type?

6 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Reece! Future NPOY!

Day 1 summary:

Elmarko has been solid but don’t know if he has been able to show pg skills. Did apparently have the dunk of the day.

Silas Demary has been really good. Double digits in both games which is rare on solid percentages. No 3s though/he’s probably just slightly better than Reece out of HS in this department. Not that he can’t hit the open shot, just not the shot he is looking for. Think Marcus Smart-lite. Should pick up some offers/if UVA goes for it they need a shooter-shooter for that 2nd guard spot.

Reed Sheppard has been booty. Wasn’t a take here anyways.

Ironic that this event has supposedly the best guards in the country and yet the 3 best 3pt shooters have been Milan Momvilovic, Zayden High, and JP Estrella. All bigs lol.

Jarin Stevenson has been really solid on not heavy volume.

Everyone else was unnoticeable outside Robert Dillingham, GG Jackson, and the tik tok-er commited to Duke.

6 Likes

Lol Ive seen this VCU guy everywhere on twitter. Might also just be the heavy overlap in possible guard targets

https://twitter.com/hazeraburke/status/1542283495548063745

2 Likes

Lol on the UNC board several of their fans have mentioned how Jarin Stevenson might be a better prospect than GG Jackson because of the intangibles (like wingspan). Gone to the goneth degree.

Their fans are pretty disappointed that Simeon Wilcher, their stud pg commit in 2023, has continued to be underwhelming after a meh first aau periods (teammates with Elijah Gertrude) and how he probably will a top 50-60 recruit instead of the 5 star he is currently. But also could be a good thing for them. Continuity at pg is what has sort of killed them the last few years before this

5 Likes

Awww, only top 50 good. :cry:

4 Likes