New summer recruiting thread

Yes. And recruiting him and parents and Virginia coaches hard

7 Likes

sigh

Its not who they offer, it’s who they prioritize.

Buttttt if Aden Holloway wants to commit to Tennessee and free them from pursuing Dilione and Elmarko, that would be dope.

8 Likes

Virginia : “They are always in the tournament. They produce great players. Kyle Guy is a player I liked to watch. They have a great program.”

“I want to play for a player’s coach,” Rechensteiner said. “I am looking for someone who is going that is going to get into me. I need a coach who is going to push me to get to my goal of playing professionally. I want to be a part of program that has intense practices with players that like to work hard.”

19 Likes

Paging Coach Bennett. Coach Tony Bennett. Your point guard is ready.

5 Likes

It has long been my opinion, even if mine alone, that Coach Bennett would be perfectly happy with putting three former high school point guards (who can shoot) on the floor together. Essentially, three interchangeable combo guards rotating as the primary ball handler. If they have size, all the better.

5 Likes

That player photo lol

17 Likes

Now that the earliest option has passed. Lets re do this poll

When will we get our first commit of 2023 class?

• Before July 6th Live Period
  • After July 6th Live Period

0 voters

While waiting for offers, that Travis Perry kid from Kentucky who wears @DFresh11 's number is blowing up. Ive even seen him mentioned on Gonzaga board. And he’s racking up D1 offers and even the Kentucky coaches follow him on social media. Plays for Kyle Guy’s aau team and was one of the few 2024s we reached out to on June 15th. Discovered him while they were watching Reed Sheppard last summer and I believe HGN says he mentions UVA whenever asked about colleges.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ha, using the Juzang photo is a nice little unintentional recruiting deep cut for UVA fans

12 Likes

Unintentional???

4 Likes

I mean, I assume high schoolers who were like 12 when Juzang was being recruited weren’t following the ins and outs of UVA’s recruiting at the time. Doubt Kaiser has any idea how that played out. Even most UVA fans (excluding the group here) have no idea what is going on in recruiting until a guy commits or shows up on the roster.

7 Likes

yes. not everyone is out to get uva basketball. Thinking otherwise seems kind of techish.

5 Likes

Rubbish!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Basically a “Do we get Milan?” poll?

3 Likes

Look, you’re not paranoid if everyone really is out to get you.

6 Likes

Probably, TJ could always pull a shocker. I recall Reece saying he’d probably wait til Fall right before he committed in June/July I think.

An unranked 6’9 big man out west. Hopefully this means no Buchanan offer. UCLA is looking for both a one and done/two year big (Miranda/Evans) and a 4 year big (this guy/Buchanan possibly).

1 Like

Is Mick gonna get Kaiser, Buchanan, Milan, and Lil Peja? That’s cold.

10 Likes