New summer recruiting thread

They need a 6-7 man class so like Maryland, the playing time will be there for Kaiser and Peja.

1 Like

LMAO the offer list vs the list of schools showing interest. Literally everyone is patiently waiting to see him play in July.

Hokies want him bad. As @HoozGotNext put it, a lot of schools took a step back when he had his injuries, Hokies stayed with him through it, and now all those schools are slowly coming back to watch him over the summer.

1 Like

Nodding Hokies GIF by Virginia Tech
agreed.

reminds me of Jeff Jones somehow. 11

1 Like

Why would you put that trash on here?

4 Likes

Will be at Elijah Gertruds 2 summer league games tomorrow yall. We want this kid

20 Likes

Im assuming this is the game where they discovered Perry. Dude is literally just a taller version of that Rechsteiner kid. I want big time.

Get Gertrude and Elmarko in 2023 (after offering them of course) and then get this kid in 2024 and we are set at the guard (RIP Janowski to UVA)

edit: nvm. Back on the Janowski train over Perry. Those pull ups with just breathing room space

1 Like

52 second mark you see Tony and Kyle Getter in the stands. Definitely the game last summer where they discovered him. Also damn how many 3s did the kid hit in this one game? wtf?

2 Likes

As a general rule I am one who likes my PG to be someone who has been a PG from the time they started dribbling a ball as a little kid and therefore am not that comfortable with 2G or CG conversions late in HS or college. But I have to admit that I am intrigued by a Jackson/Gertrude combination with McKneely and a 2024 shooter. The athleticism and tenacious defense that they would bring would be very exciting. Also their offensive skills would be different from the other jump shooters on the team. Sign me up for Buchanan, Power, Jackson and Gertrude.

4 Likes

Perry is a pg. Just also a good 3pt shooter. And Elmarko has apparently been impressing as a pg/lead guard. He does show some vision absent in Chatman and Dilione’s clips (they are more pure scorers).

Completely agree on point guards Day One . Elijah is not a day one PG buf we definitely want him

3 Likes

Always wondered, was there ever anything “recorded” or on paper showing Juzang actually verbally committing to us? I know that’s always been the talk, but I never recall seeing it, as a matter of fact.

Was he just super close to coming here and we took it as we had him in the bag, before UK came in late?

I think more or less the story was we needed him and needed him to reclass so we showed him the path to do so. He said that sounds great, let’s start the process, which we did and did all the academic legwork involved in that process (and did all this quietly mind you for obv reasons)…then UK came in and took it the last 5 yards. Point is he was set to and preparing to come to UVA before UK blew it up. Probably moot anyway as he would have not been happy with his 20mpg his first year and still transferred to UCLA

8 Likes

Appreciate ya!

What’s the summary/recap of our '23 PG/CG offer list / interest list? Is this right:

• Offers: Dilione, Chatman
  • Interest: Gertrude, DeMary, Rechsteiner, Trey Green, Jaydon Young

Who am I missing? (I also see @Vandy-Hoo asked and @Hooandtrue answered this a couple days ago - who is Jackson?)

1 Like

Elmarko Jackson

2 Likes

Duh, thanks. New England kid? Was at the Hamden CT event?

Elmarko Jackson is from New Jersey but plays at South Kent and was someone Tony watched as well as Power at that New England event.

Williford, Vandross, and Wilkins all follow him on twitter now. Ive been patiently waiting for the offer tweet LOL

8 Likes

We have not offered correct?

Nope. It has to be coming though.

1 Like