New summer recruiting thread

wingspan thing is funny. why not measure reach height? (maybe they do)

1 Like

I honestly don’t hate it if we land Gertrude and decide to kick true PG to 2024. Gives an obvious path for 8-12 a game for Gertrude as a first year playing behind Reece. And then let’s us get an early look at 2024 PGs and have quite a lot to sell them

3 Likes

Maybe we go after Tahaad in the 2 4 hahahaa

1 Like

Question:
Would we rather have Reece for 2 more years or have him blow up this year and get drafted?
What kind of season will UVA have if Reece is 1st or 2nd team All ACC this year?

Shit I want Reece!! for 3 more years. He will be atleast 2nd team and I think we win the ACC this year

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/TMarkwith14/status/1542161074253975553/photo/2

1 Like

I want to see 4th year Reece dishing to second year Isaac M, third year Taine, 2nd year Dunn, and 2nd year Traudt

On a team like that, Reece could look like the best PG in the country.

Also, I think he needs to shoot 35% or more from 3 for the season on slightly higher volume to have any shot of being drafted this year. Or he needs to find a way to average 13-15 PPG on good efficiency without the 3

7 Likes

Obviously watching Young, but Reed Sheppard sigh

2 Likes

I’m trying to remember - can coaches talk to recruits at the Top 100? Was it just that we couldn’t because it was in Charlottesville? Can’t quite remember it clearly.

Nope … no contact … except of course for hand signals and eye winks.

3 Likes

I keep hoping Young has a good summer at the remaining events and gets an offer. Seems like the kid likes UVa.

2 Likes

Williford likes Bryson Tucker and Coen Carr.

Carey Booth, Jizzle James, Cody Williams, Chris Johnson, Myles Colvin all on the periphery. ( saw kyle guy tweeting about Indianian Myles Colvin, dude is blowing up a little. Also Cody Williams isn’t on the radar. But he’s on my radar LOL).

https://twitter.com/TMarkwith14/status/1542179228002799616/photo/2

Milan vs ElMarko and Silas.

1 Like

0 Rebounds for Milan in 26 minutes :thinking:

1 Like

Was the best shooter on his team but yeah lol

Also like how all the social media covering the event showing bronnie James clips. Doesn’t even start

1 Like

2 steals, though.

Nice games by both Jackson and Demary.

Edit - Milan and Dillingham were the only 2 players on either team with 0 boards.

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve barely heard anything about Reece!! from the national scouts/reporters, far less than I heard about Jerome going into his 3rd year.

I feel like upper class 1st rounders don’t come out of nowhere, they’re usually on the radar prior to their last season before the draft. I don’t have any data to support that feeling though.

1 Like

Ty had a huge summer at CP3 camp that got that going. Reece!! gettin his work out on the low

7 Likes

If Reece does that while maintaining his defensive work and a/to ratio he’ll be a lottery pick. Of course, unlikely he makes the jump in scoring without another area of his game suffering.

Much more easily done at 30m a game instead of 35. Play 30 all out on both ends and he has the motor to do it.
Also if we actually play shooting guards at the 2 and SF’s at the 3 this year - he has a shot to have really good counting stats too.

1 Like