New summer recruiting thread

but how are we a consolation to a school that hasn’t offered. wouldn’t it make way more sense if he’s ready to pull the trigger for the good guys and wants to add in another school as window dressing that’s been recruiting him. Would be kinda weird to list Zaga as a #2 and be ready to commit if they haven’t offered but maybe I’m missing something. Admittedly I haven’t been paying a lot of attention lately.

2 Likes

Hoos the best sleuth around? Has Blake been liking/following either of the teams lately?

1 Like

Has he visited anyone else besides UVA and Gonzaga? Might be why they are other school included. Or they just offered and he’s going there

Washington State

5 Likes

That’s interesting. So let’s just assume he has a committable offer if he wants it

2 Likes

Between this and the Gonzaga mod hyping him up despite no public offer, I’m thinks Zags

1 Like

Recent quotes from Buchanan suggest he wanted to dawdle some more (e.g. he said something about wanting to visit UCLA to see what a “city” school was like). The fact he’s now ruled that out suggests someone pressured him to make a call already. Had to be UVA since the Zags haven’t even offered. So now I wonder if he’s passed that ultimatum on to Gonzaga. “Tony gave me a week, so make an offer by then or I’m a Hoo.”

7 Likes

Geography not working in our favor. But I have no opinion on the player

1 Like

Is it, do most kids wanna go to school 30mins from home? I sure didn’t.

4 Likes

I mean in his interview he did say “I dont want to lose an opportunity” by waiting for more offers. Gonzaga wouldnt care if he committed now or later. Tony would LOL

Edit: the exact quote from the 247 article above before the top 2 announcement

“He is interested to see who else may offer but at the same time he’s very happy with his current options and may not want to risk missing out on an opportunity that he already has.”

9 Likes

I drove 8 hours couple times a year. Not 27

1 Like

His brother goes to Hawaii for volleyball.

2 Likes

I mean thats Hawaii so…

2 Likes

Ok, so there are two possible explanations for this series of events: 1) he wanted to earn an offer from Gonzaga, was pressured by Tony, went to Gonzaga and said I need that offer now or I’m going to uva, got the offer, chose us anyway, but listed Gonzaga as a courtesy in his top 2; or 2) reality.

4 Likes

I’ve missed this place. Time to start spending more time on here to the detriment of my family and personal life. #worthit

10 Likes

You crack me in up in that you’re so anti-negative in-season and during games but do a complete 180 when it comes to recruiting lol. I love it

4 Likes

Thanks. Almost everybody else does nothing but criticize Tony all season long for not playing McCorkle then spends all offseason getting delusional about the incoming recruits. I like to go against the flow.

9 Likes

just seems odd that gonzaga would take blake now given who they are pursuing and who is on their roster. I mean ucla didn’t even offer and they have a ton of spots. Just don’t see gonzaga relenting to his demand when that might take them out of the Booker race.

Don’t be a pessimism tourist. This is a way of life for some of us. :joy:

7 Likes