New summer recruiting thread

Fwiw, I think these facts line up with “shopped the uva offer to the Zags and they finally offered and now he’s headed to the Zags.” They also line up with “Tony put pressure on, Zags offered, but he still likes the Hoos.” But the latter just seems less likely. But I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Facts also line up with “he shopped the uva offer to the Zags, is hoping they’ll offer, they won’t, so he’ll go to UVA and then transfer to Gonzaga after a year”

8 Likes

Saw on instagram (like how I saw the Iowa and Washington state offers) that Buchanan reposted someone else’s story that said Buchanan got the Gonzaga offer.

1 Like

“… with that being said, I will play one year behind a face mauler and then return to the Pacific Northwest.”

2 Likes

Aaaand it’s over

How does that mean it’s over? If anything it would seem to me like that’s the better scenario. If he didn’t have an offer and he still included them in a top 2 it’s basically a forgone conclusion

Was hoping he was including them in top 2 as “window dressing” as others said. If Gonzaga offered this week and now he’s deciding immediately after, seems like bad news to me

2 Likes

But, does he drive there?

3 Likes

Boom. Hawaii can give couple plane tickets per year

Now Im craving ham and swiss on king hawaiian roles.

1 Like

Does geography ever really work in our favor? Even when it should, they go to a school in North Carolina instead.

7 Likes

Assuming they are from Wisconsin yeah

7 Likes

Good call on Wiscy.

Haha, so can any booster these days. Certainly we can find a few people to bankroll 2-3 round trip first class seats to Idaho every year.

1 Like

Either Blake Buchanan is going to come to Virginia, or he isn’t. Personally, I don’t believe there are any tea leaves to be read from his cup, and I have a suspicion that no one here is fluent in their language, anyway! :grin:

3 Likes

Fair

Good point.

Counter point: No

3 Likes

Does geography even come into play when Coach Bennett is involved? Joe Harris from Washington. London Perrantes and Kihei Clark from California. Reece Beekman from Louisiana by way of Wisconsin. Isaac Traudt from Nebraska. Malcolm Brogdon and Isaiah Wilkins from Georgia. DeAndre Hunter from Pennsylvania. Admittedly, Virginia hasn’t recruited Utah or Nevada very well, but saying that geography doesn’t work in Virginia’s favor doesn’t make sense to me. Geography doesn’t appear to matter.

2 Likes

If you assume that UVA is somehow in Wisconsin, then it all works out. If its actually in VA, then it doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

I been thinking for about a week now that it was time for Tony to get in Buchanan’s ear just like he did a player last year. Buchanan was starting to enjoy the process too much . Tony will only go so far.

1 Like