New Transfer Thread

This is an example of who we’ve been waiting for. Reece needs to give him a buzz, and TB needs to show him some of Mamadi’s highlights plus his highlights in the NBA.

I doubt we’ve been waiting for a guy that averaged 5mns and 1pt a game at Georgetown. If we take a guy with multiple years of eligibility he’s got to be a stud at this point. Else it’s taking a forward spot from the 22 class

To be fair you could view it as a redshirt year. If he was a sophomore or jr with those stats yeah, hard pass. But a freshmen with a high skill set and especially at a position of need (power forward/ we have no back up 4 and need someone in the tank for 2022, especially if the plan is to play igor at the 3.). Do I think staff will go after him? No probably not but he does have a skillset that if actualized fits a hole that we have (rim protecting 4 you can pair between Igor and Traudt). Also Georgetown fans are pretty high on his potential even if he is a 3-4 year guy.

1 Like

And yet many were/are bent out of shape at losing JAR with a similar stat line

5 Likes

Another player in that similar mold. Was at Hunting Prep and played an event or two with Isaac McKneely working out with Wildcat Select. But meh.

Kansas, DePaul, Western Kentucky and Auburn? No thanks

Lol yeah not a list of programs we usually end up on the same list as for sure. I still have nightmares of Leito dirt coming up and screwing over UVA basketball.

2 Likes

Lol regarding the Tre Mitchell transfer recruitment

5 Likes

2 Likes

VT bound?

Anyone notice Manny Bates is out at NC-State. Also I see he is good friends with Gardner. Any chance UVA has interest?

2 Likes

I could live with a Morsell for Bates trade.

1 Like

Early rumors are Georgetown

1 Like

The rumor is Georgetown but I wouldn’t mind that physical presence at all. The question is whether he is worth developing Kadin a year. Im really high on Kadin (think he will be better than Mamadi and Huff when its all said and done) but neither Huff nor Mamadi played much there 2nd year after the redshirt and I think Kadin is still a year away but can be that glue guy rim protector.

1 Like

80 minutes between Gardner, Bates and Shedrick would be dreamy.
Too good to be an option though right?

2 Likes

30 & 30 for Gardner & Bates. 20 for Shedrick. That pretty much cuts Caffaro out of the equation though.

4 Likes

State people are already crying about tampering. I’m sure it’s probably true but what can you do?

kinda the point - and i would lean more to 25/25 for Kadin and Manny

Illinois, Frazier is on him hard.

They already got Bobby Pettiford but Im surprised Epps didn’t jump at the Kansas offer. Seems like the perfect Kansas guard with their play style in the mold of frank mason/Devonte Graham.