šŸˆ NFL draftā€¦

So at least thereā€™s that to distract us from another day passing without a hoops commit.

Love the Redskins (sorry, Iā€™m old school) taking Daniels. Still need an OT & CB, but with 5 picks tonight in the 2nd & 3rd should be able to fill those gaps. Also wouldnā€™t mind seeing us package a couple of those picks to the 9ā€™ers for Aiyuk, who is like a big brother to Daniels from their Arizona State days. Aiyuk/McLaurin would be one of the better WR duos in the league.

Winner of the ā€œWTF!!ā€ award has to go to Atlanta. Sign Cousins to a 4 year deal at $40M+ per, then draft the oldest of the 1st round QBā€™s at #8.

5 Likes

Yea the falcons are leaders in the clubhouse for dumbest franchise in the league. Cousins is already complaining about the pick

2 Likes

So youā€™re saying he doesnā€™t like that?

IMG_6443

2 Likes

Yeah, donā€™t get it. Another head scratcher for me was the Raiders.

Ok, I get it, Bowers is a stud. But they have a lot of holes to fill and they just took Mayer last year, early in the 2nd round.

2 Likes

My take on the Raiders was the Davis genes are strong. They just couldnā€™t Pass on the freak athlete big spasg

2 Likes

Panthers made a questionable trade also. Iā€™m all but done with their poverty franchise asses.
(who am I kidding, Iā€™m stuck)

1 Like

Young definitely needs some weapons, but Iā€™m not sure they needed to trade up. Thereā€™s still some good WRā€™s leftā€¦strong year for pass catchers.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. Trading up just for the 5th year option with all those WRā€™s available. Doesnā€™t make a ton of sense to me. We also let the main defensive guys walk, and thereā€™s smoke around drafting another WR in round 2.

1 Like

I have not been following closely. Are any UVA guys expected to get drafted this year? Iā€™d hope Malik Washington would.

1 Like

Malik will possibly go sometime tonight, Iā€™d guess round 3-ish.

5 Likes

Yeah, after trading for Dionte Johnson, and trading up last night, not sure about another WR unless theyā€™re already moving on from Mingo.

Iā€™d try for an upgrade at RB before going WR again. Hubbard is ok, but not a difference maker IMO.

1 Like

And I do like the 2 Carolina defenders we signed in free agency. Imagine both will start, and neither broke the bank.

1 Like

Losing burns was tough, but I was more upset we didnā€™t trade him before when LA was offering a kings ransom.

Letting Luvu goā€¦ that hurt

1 Like

I have no idea why they drafted a QB at their slot. I donā€™t think Cousins finishes his contract butā€¦he was signed to be a starterā€¦take a first round selection and fill another holeā€¦ draft a backup in the later roundā€¦maybe you strike goldā€¦or develop a legitimate backup. For me ā€¦this draft is short on underclassmen and so there are allegedly maybe 23 guys with a consensus first round gradeā€¦I canā€™t believe that QB was their plan and they should had a trade back partner if there guy wasnā€™t thereā€¦

2 Likes

Totally agree it makes no sense the brought in and paid Cousins to be a starter so get him help build the line or get a WR target. Now they are gonna sink another 20mil into a bench player who even if they hold on to him would be 29 when he steps into the starting role if Cousins played out his deal. Not smart football

Two theories on the Falcons taking Penix:

1. The funny one: someone was told ā€œWeā€™re taking the guy from Washingtonā€ and someone doing the paperwork thought they meant Penix instead of Odunze.

2. The conspiracy theory/serious one: Falcons know theyā€™re about to get the book thrown at them for tampering and are taking a 1st round QB when they can before that option comes off the table for a few years.

1 Like

Is Penix a first round QBā€¦6 went and I a feeling like this draft maybe bust city in a few yearsā€¦.

2 Likes

Yeah even if itā€™s a panic buy cause of tampering itā€™s a stupid pick regardless, theyā€™ll be lucky if those knees hold up

2 Likes

Donā€™t love what Washington has done so far tonight.

Good value at DT, but not a position of need.

Then trade down with the Eagles, and the Eagles snatch the guy who was position of need for us, which starts a run on CBā€™s.

4 Likes

1 Like