Nice slate of games tonight

We’ll make this the official discussion thread for tonight’s games. Hot takes, Duke hate, whatever you’re into.

Champions Classic at MSG on ESPN
Kansas vs Duke 7:00
Kentucky vs Michigan State 9:00

ACC
Louisville at Miami 6:30 on ACCN
VA Tech at Clemson 7:00 on ESPNU
GA Tech at NC State 8:30 on ACCN

Others
St. Mary’s vs Wisconsin 9:00 ESPNU
Utah at Nevada 10:30 on CBSS

3 Likes

Somewhat surprising news from Louisville. They’re redshirting Jaelyn Withers. It must have been a humbling transition for him because any mention of shirting would not have gone over well at all during his recruitment.

1 Like

Miami got a late steal in Harlond Beverly. Might be the best freshman in the building tonight over all the heavily recruited Louisville guys. Williford loved him, just couldn’t get him to give UVA a serious look with Morsell already on board.

1 Like

12 minutes in and I think only one of Louisville’s loaded freshman class has played. Sam Williamson. He’s made his presence felt tho, helping them pull out to a 10 point lead.

1 Like

So Javin Delaurier isn’t starting the opening game of his senior year. Ouch.

2 Likes

Sheesh. Louisville put the hammer down, up 19 at half. Hype train will only pick up steam.

1 Like

I really wish we got McCormack. Really like his game

1 Like

I don’t recognize some of these VT players but they’re hanging around at Clemson at so far, down 3. Landers Nolley making noise in his long awaited debut, 13 early points.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’ll make the transcript but McCormack’s name came up in our group call last night. He really had concerns about playing our defense, all the hedging. It’s funny because I actually think that would have been a strength of his. Doubt any of that matters, would have gone to KU anyway.

2 Likes

This has been very very sloppy

1 Like

Awful. 18 first half TOs for Kansas! I might eat these words later in the year but this Duke team just doesn’t scare me at all.

1 Like

This was a bad take. Beverly went 0-7 after that. He’ll be good but Samuel Williamson is the real deal.

1 Like

I think their ball pressure will give us some trouble with our lack of PG depth but in general they haven’t looked spooky

2 Likes

Nolley is up to 26 now at the under 12. He could be a sneaky good pick for Freshman of the Year. Greenest of green lights. VT and Clemson tied.

1 Like

Matthew Hurt is nice. Like a far more athletic Luke Maye. No wonder he was the first 2019 recruit Bennett offered. He’ll be a problem, for the rest of the ACC that is. Mamadi will take care of him for us.

2 Likes

Duke certainly hasn’t been impressive. If Kansas makes their layups they would be up by a dozen

1 Like

Game’s been trash. I hate that the winner is going to have a huge chip in their corner come Selection Sunday as a result. November games should be discounted. It’s why I despise playing conference games early.

2 Likes

I’m curious how much Johnny Juzang plays tonight. Reports are his defense has been a problem, but they need shooting. Let’s poll it.

• Over 18 minutes
  • Under 18 minutes
0 voters
1 Like

Nolley went for 30. Mike Young is 1-0. Brad Brownell’s seat just got a little warmer. Terrible loss for Clemson.

1 Like

Think I just heard Kansas 28 TOs tonight? gotta be wrong no?

1 Like