NIT...Do you think we should accept or?

What are your thoughts on the NIT?

Should we accept a bid to get more reps and develop?

Or

Should we deny it and just get ready for next year?

Would love to hear opinions…

Only if the starting lineup has at least 2 of Murray Milicic or McCorkle and they play more than 20 minutes each.

2 Likes

Are there examples of teams turning down the NIT? I feel like it’s an easy decision to accept but maybe I’m forgetting

3 Likes

Whatever the team wants to do.

I’d decline and I don’t want to see anyone hurt in an also ran tournament.

1 Like

Absolutely accept. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t. If it were last year, that’s a bit different. More hoops = more fun, more bad takes, all good things.

7 Likes

What about I want? Who’s looking out for me? :joy:

5 Likes

We should accept.

I’d like to see it used as a springboard to next year with some lineup changes, but we all know that won’t happen.

100 percent accept and play 2 lineups!

6 Likes

Yes. No qualifiers or explanation needed. About the only time you turn down an NIT bid is if you’ve had a disastrous run of injuries or otherwise aren’t healthy enough to play.

2 Likes

I think some teams did last year due to covid protocol fatigue but outside of that I think it’s pretty rare to turn down the NIT.

2 Likes

Would one hundred percent accept a bid. Would love to keep watching the team play, and it’s good reps for Reece, Shedrick, and Gardner at the very least.

And maybe we let Franklin rest and get that toe healed up, and let Taine or Igor play… Probably not, but a guy can dream.

3 Likes

I love that idea. Let’s enter 2 teams.
One has only upperclassmen and the other has only Freshmen and sophomores.

1. Clark, Franklin, Stattmann, Gardner, Papi and Nixon
  2. Reece, McCorkle, Murray, Milicic, Shedrick and Poindexter
1 Like

Of course, we only get one game this way😎

Just rotate every 10 minutes. why not. in some shape form or fashion play mixed rotations with everyone

2 Likes

I’ll make it even more fun, Dave. You coach one team and Tony coaches the other.

6 Likes

We could do an LRA fantasy tourney solely on the Waves metrics. Get into the mind of the man shit

1 Like

You give me Reece’s team with the M’s and I would take that challenge all day.
Wouldn’t be rocket science. Lots of on ball screens for Reece and Murray. Lots of Reece getting downhill. Everyone would have the green light from everywhere - including Sheds from 3.
Rim runs for Sheds and Igor.
Reece denying and making life miserable for Clark forcing the other 4 guys to handle the ball a ton leading to 27 turnovers.
On D - Switch everything until you can get back to your man. Throw some half court traps in.
Double Gardner at will daring Franklin and Statts to shoot airball threes.
And push the ball up the floor every single change of possession.
Oh and I would tell them what Coach Wooden said. “I’m a firm believer that a doer makes mistakes. If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t doing anything.”
So guys be aggressive, and don’t look over your shoulder at the bench if you mess up. But do look over your shoulder at the bench if you pass up an open look.

1 Like

Accept it and run it like a scrimmage, Run out new lineups every 7 mins like hockey subs

3 Likes

Of course. More live work for essentially next years squad

2 Likes

What happens when we win 100-95 in these games…

2 Likes