NIT...Do you think we should accept or?

Lunardi has us as next 4 out, so that’s a 2 seed which means at least 2 home games, maybe 3 if there’s an upset. Then MSG.

1 Like

on a whim hometeam!

2 Likes

We can dream…

Yes its very important to get Reece and Shedrick all the playing time they can get. I would alao like to see a bigger rotation

1 Like

I could play devils advocate and say we need to get Reece!! all the rest he can get while running the team. 38 night in night out too much

But I hear you on idea of total experience

1 Like

You got a point Fresh but Shedrick definitely needs to keep working

We 100 percent agree. I am just tweaking a bit.

If there’s anything to learn from UVA’s only NIT trip under Bennett, in 2013, the young fringe rotation players that year all saw an uptick in usage. Same starting lineup, not a big difference. Guys like Teven Jones and Taylor Barnette who’d get anywhere from 0-5 minutes late in the season, got about 10 per game in the NIT. A little more for Tobey off the bench but he was trending up anyway. .

12 Likes

Hope! That’s hope I smell!

1 Like

Going to make a prediction. We’ll be the 2 seed in the bracket where VCU is the 1 seed, setting up a potential “Elite 8” game with the Rams at the Seigel Center.

1 Like

I’ll guess UVA will be more like a 4 seed in the NIT. I think their selection criteria is a little different than the NCAAT, other the first four teams left out according to the NCAA committee are the #1 seeds for the NIT. Think that’s how it works anyway.

5 Likes

That wasn’t just the NIT. We had 9 guys average more than 13 mpg and a tenth guy average 9.5 mpg that whole season. Bennett played more guys back then than he does now. And IMO it was more fun to watch that development and feel like we had depth and variety.

2 Likes