🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

So what’s wrong with this? Orange accents work great.

Hard to think the orange unis of the Barry Barkhill, Wally Walker, and Ralph Sampson eras weren’t pure.

3 Likes

I meant that the purism was about only having two jerseys, not the specific color. I don’t know why blue is preferred to orange as the road jersey base color.

1 Like

Yo! I just finished Andor. That show was awesome! And I’m someone who had stopped fan-boying Star Wars quite a few years ago.

@MaineWahoo Sorry - I meant to link to your reply here

2 Likes

Andor plus Rogue One is by far the best Star Wars content Disney has put out in my opinion. That said, that’s a low bar and doesn’t really do it justice. Andor might be my favorite show this year, and I had really burned out on Star Wars content for a while before it. A friend had to really convince me to check it out.

3 Likes

Ugh … this thread is just a dumpfest for everything now??? :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Now and always. :wink:

6 Likes

By the way a dude who fits our timeline and need is an unsigned 2023 Combo Guard out of LA … might have a current player who played a high level AAU game against him sometime …

3 Likes

Pretty cool yesterday at tennis … we have a regular group and a guy was filling in for a regular.
I was wearing a UVA shirt and he asked about it and I found out he coached Jay Huff in high school at Voyager Academy the year before Jay’s dad took over … small world …
We had a lot of fun discussion about Jay’s playing career and how efficient he was and UVA vs UNC … the guy played for Roy Williams at UNC on the freshman team when Dean was the varsity coach … crazy …
He talked about being able to go to some games at UVA and how hospitable Tony was as he got to get backstage passes and hang out with the team …
He also has 10th row season tickets at the Dean Dome :slight_smile:
Might have a shot at one for the UVA game …
Will likely go either way …

11 Likes

If you don’t get the tix, I hope you will be able in the future to take a short second serve and drill him at the net, you know, friendly like.

3 Likes

I actually hit him with an overhead already … lol

4 Likes

16 Likes

Hope you’re not driving a big box truck.

Wait, strike that – I hope you are lol

11 Likes

You look low enough that you won’t hit the bridge

2 Likes

Yea we good ha

2 Likes

That building in the right will always be a marker for your UVa era. For me, Orbit billiards up top, Espresso Corner down below (This was the Friends era of coffee shops)

3 Likes

“Orbit” I think had another name in my time. But it was billiards upstairs. We would always hang there during Christmas Breaks when the students were away and we were still here

Saw Isaac Traudt walkin around the corner and then over on Grounds.

5 Likes

Orbit was there my first year. The next year Boylan opened and it went by Norbit (New Orbit) for awhile.

Then Boylan dance parties solidified it as Boylan. And it was no longer cool to call it Norbit.

2 Likes

Help!!!
Just found out I have 3 kids out for our 11U basketball game tonight …
Anybody have lineup recommendations for me?
We have 5 players and are missing 3 of our top 4…
Stall ball??? 4 corners??

2 Likes

@haney just t’ed up a naked and famous and a replay of the UVA/Wake game. You ever get around to making one of these?

Can’t recommend enough. Equal parts mezcal, chartreuse, Aperol, and lime juice

1 Like

Four corners!! Let us know how it goes

1 Like