🙄 No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Tony will have us wear orange and then purposefully throw a game and lose by 30 so that he never has to hear about it again.

6 Likes

I think Jay knows TB will never see this since is on social media hahahah

12 Likes

I think it has been pointed out before, but I think the no-orange isn’t a result of some idiosyncratic hatred of the color, but because of a purism that a team should have two uniforms only, white at home and a color on the road (and blue is preferable to orange for that color choice).

1 Like

I was there! Great game and that was a funny moment. Young Ty Jerome was a couple rows on front of me with his fam.

2 Likes

Was that the game at MSG? I met Ty and @Marktykobe and young Kobe for first time at that game

2 Likes

Yup. That’s the one. Fun game. Think the night cap was UConn Maryland maybe?

1 Like

Hmmm not sure. I went with UVa’s own Willie Dersch and Maurice Watkins Funny after we won the Natty Mark Jerome brought me to the players family lounge at the hotel. Ty said “yea we met at the West Virginia game”

Thats next level hoop IQ there

4 Likes

That is impressive. I used to remember everyone I met, too. Then I got old…

2 Likes

Pistol Pete Maravich has held the career and per game scoring record in the NCAA since 1970 scoring 3667 points in only 3 seasons and only 83 games with a career average of 44.2 points per game … all that without a 4th year, without a 3 point line, and without a shot clock.

Antoine Davis is currently playing his 5th full year - for his dad at Detroit - like Pistol played for his dad …
He is currently 3rd all time with 3232 points in 5 seasons and 130 games and will move into 2nd place in the next week or so …
Detroit is 7-12 and they only have 10 games left in the season plus the conference tourney - so very likely 11 games. If he continues to average the 26 per game he’s been averaging he will end up with about 3518 career points in 5 years with a career per game average of 25 points per game.
That would put him 149 points shy of Pete’s record.
To give an idea … Davis has made 513 career threes and 568 twos … Pete had 1387 twos…

p.s. Pistol only played part of one season in college or pros with a 3 point line in 1980 (got to play with Bird his rookie year in Boston) after 3 knee injuries … he made 10/15 threes that year so he is a career 67% three point shooter…:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Mind boggling numbers by Pistol

3 Likes
1 Like

I like his FT style – just steps into it

1 Like

It’s what i did in high school so it felt like every other shot … calmed the nerves

1 Like

Any premier league fans in here? First year really following it and have been loving it!

1 Like

Yep since about 2003 … been Liverpool the whole way but they stink this year…
Also like watching when the Americans get a chance like at Leeds …

Been a Fulham fan since I lived in England from 2004-2007… this year has been extra wild as the big 5-6 have not been up to form like most years.

The craziest year in recent memory was the year Leicester City came out of nowhere to win the title!

1 Like

Fell in love with Vardy that year

2 Likes

Nice! love the USA connection at Fulham with Ream and Robinson. Mitrovic is the man too. Should be a fun one this afternoon

2 Likes

When I first started following them in 2004… Brian McBride & Carlos Bocanegra were on the roster… by the time I left for Germany, Clint Dempsey, Eddie Johnson & Kasey Keller were also on the roster… they were also the closest Premier League team to where I lived which was convenient and made it a perfect fit… so there has always been a healthy US contingent on the roster…

3 Likes

Love that the dude smokes like a chimney… just so crazy he can run like he can doing that.

Plus the whole row with his wife and Wayne Rooney’s wife was hilarious.