šŸ™„ No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

It happens bars after party youā€™re in a different city trying to get home dont know/remember the apartment numberā€¦ i once walked into the wrong house off King st. In Charleston woulda slept on the couch if I hadnt heard a dog bark and knew my friend didnt have a dogā€¦ also who leaves their front door unlocked?

4 Likes

For those who enjoy betting on the games, these guys have been on a heater in January.

My old hypothesis was that they were golden until mid-January, then KenPom catches up and arbitrages it all away. But this year they were like 50-50 through Jan 1, and then did great all month. Soā€¦ :man_shrugging:

I think Jim is probably most reliable.

3 Likes

In regards to the Stetson newsā€¦ā€¦ #neverforget

10 Likes

Ha. He have the same charge?

5 Likes

Yep, lol.

7 Likes

Itā€™s not too late for you to cheat @DFresh11ā€¦ Iā€™d ask Damon Altizer or Curtis Staples to suit upā€¦

6 Likes

Pro move play for varsity not JV!

2 Likes

How old are you now? JV may be your pace nowadays. :rofl:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Great lookin shot!

I hope the coach is under full review by the 5th grade league as wellā€¦

5 Likes

Not so adorable to those of us that took the under.

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoFTVPwtfAr/

1 Like

Murphy the dunker
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoAbyQlMnd8/

2 Likes

One of my top 3 fave Hoos ever:

3 Likes

Full game replay with the best announcer ever!

1 Like

Norlanderā€™s leg work on ref pay:

ā€¢ Big Six conferences pay officials $3,700 per game (pre-taxes) on average ā€” league and non-league games alike. An Elon-Duke game pays the same as UNC-Duke. Officials have to cover all their costs: flights, hotels, rental cars, ride services, meals, etc. All told, theyā€™re taking home around 3K per game (before taxes).
ā€¢ Pay rate is the same for league tournaments.
ā€¢ The NCAA Tournament pays $2,500 for the first weekend, $3,000 for the regionals and $3,500 to work the Final Four. But unlike conferences, the NCAA covers travel and hotel costs.

If youā€™re a top-40 referee, you can easily get to 90 games in a season. At that pace, an official working through the Final Four would bring home somewhere in the neighborhood of $330,000 in one season, before taking out taxes and before deducting the tens of thousands of dollars in travel expenses. These are independent contractors compensated generously for a job that comes with immense pressure and scrutiny.

3 Likes

Ok but what do Carolina Refs get paid? Like a million? Or do they do it just for the love of douchery?

7 Likes

Do refs have to file state taxes in every state theyā€™ve officiated a game during the year?

2 Likes

My job here is bad takes, not tax advice. :wink:

Iā€™d assume so, but not really sure

4 Likes

I think itā€™s only where you live as primary address ā€¦
Never mind ā€¦ depends on reciprocity agreements between statesā€¦ and each state has a minimum threshold to file

5 Likes