šŸ™„ No Holds Barred Thread - A Haney/DavetheWave Production

Hilarious!!

LRA refs - what do you see?

2 Likes

Violation on the in bounder on the side out. Never should have had a chance at the first shot

Under Rule 4 (Definitions), section 42, article 6

The designated throw-in spot is 3 feet wide with no depth limitation and is established by the official prior to putting the ball at the throwerā€™s disposal.

NOTE: The thrower must keep one foot on or over the spot until the ball is released. The traveling and dribbling rules are not in effect for a throw-in.

CASE BOOK:

4.42.6 SITUATION: Following a personal foul by B3, the official indicates to Team A that they shall inbound the ball from a spot 10 feet from the sideline. In (a), A1 jumps in the air, over the designated spot, and passes the ball inbounds; (b) A1 has one foot within the designated-spot area but lifts it from the floor as the inbounds pass is made; or (c) A1 moves directly backwards from the designated spot by 6 feet and passes the ball inbounds.

RULING: Legal in (a), (b) and (c). As long as the thrower maintains any portion of his/her body on or above the 3-foot designated-spot area while making the throw-in, the throw-in shall be legal.

COMMENT: Pivot-foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not in effect for a throw-in. The thrower must keep one foot on or over the spot until the ball is released.

Doesnā€™t the referee give a signal of where the spot is (that is different from the signal for having the whole baseline)? I didnā€™t see the ref give the signal in that video. Not sure the kid left his 3-ft zone either.

1 Like

Institute the Bleep Test now!

4 Likes

That would eliminate 99% of them

1 Like

McKneely getting that shot off so effortlessly is super impressive. Barely any space. Night and day from where he was earlier in the year

4 Likes

In an alternate universe, if we had hired Tubbyā€¦

1. How many years would he have lasted?

2. How would his NCAA record have been?

3. Would he have been successful making the top half of the ACC every year?

Yes

2 Likes

I always thought Tubbyā€™s reputation was greater than his actual abilities, but I think he could have been moderately successful at Virginia. Maybe like Laranaga in Miami. And I think he would have been out of here to another job in a bigger school after five years.

One of the main reasons Tony has been successful here is that he has a relatively small ego for the profession. Heā€™s not worried about his ā€œlegacy,ā€ heā€™s not chasing the bigger paychecks or more prestigious schools to prove his self-worth. Heā€™s the perfect fit for Virginia.

12 Likes

Thoughts coaches?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got no problem with deception, and faking tying your shoe is legit (I used to do stuff like that to get steals off inbounds). The thing I take issue with is the coach being on the floor shielding her, and thereby actively interfering in play on the court. Coaches are not meant to be involved in the play on the court at all, so I am against it.

10 Likes

Yeah, a pretty clear T on the coach.

3 Likes

I agree. Is it a cheap? Sure but Iā€™m not mad at the ā€œtie the shoe gimmickā€ It can also be called gamesmanship. My issue comes in with the coachā€™s involvement and actively talking her through the process, and then shielding her from view on the court.

Iā€™m pretty sure he could be Tā€™d up for even being on the court.

6 Likes

Putting this here because itā€™s negative even for me, but my optimistic case circa Fall 22 for the 23-24 season included:

• Reece and Shed as experienced upperclassmen
  • 2 or 3 of the 2022 class with a year of experience in the rotation (if not starting for one or two)
  • Elijah having proven some more ball skills and shooting skills in his final HS season
  • still a (slight) chance of Elmarko or other PG / CG

Now, we face a real possibility of:

• neither back
  • no starters from that group, and only one as a full time member of the rotation
  • Elijah as a fairly large question mark from a health and development standpoint
  • PG slot being filled by a guy who presents a case for optimism but very little demonstrable results to this point

Thatā€™s a bit of a bummerā€¦

I think the optimistic spin since then is:

• Dunn better than expected
  • Armaan would be a great piece to have back for a 5th year
2 Likes

Dude you need a napā€¦or a hug

Season 2 Sympathy GIF by New Amsterdam

10 Likes

ā€¦a 21-4 record so far this season despite playing all the wrong lineups?

7 Likes

Amazing we could be 20 and whatever and 3 with an better GM and coach and recruiter and schemer

7 Likes

I LITERALLY just said Iā€™m taking the rest of the night off from bad takes. If you want a bad take, I donā€™t know ā€¦ check Twitter.

7 Likes