Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

WAC is pursuing an interesting idea for seeding conference tournaments: WAC altering basketball tournament formats by introducing bold new seeding concept based on advanced analytics - CBSSports.com

This is similar to what the WCC did in ‘20-21 when schedules were unbalanced due to COVID cancellations. The basic idea is to use the strength-of-record approach to create a resume where wins and losses are weighted based on the difficulty of the game (i.e. opponent strength, location of game), and seed based on that. What’s a little novel is that they are seeding based off of the full season, and not just conference play.

2 Likes

This is so cool. Wish we put out stuff like this — although I’ll admit we put out more behind the scenes stuff now than we used to

UVA athletics got a new service dog, and he seems pretty great:

13 Likes

This gif/video is amazing and should be used more frequently when people commit

8 Likes

I love it

3 Likes

Was this the game against Auburn or Purdue?

I am not sure. The only game I remember being screened at JPJ was the TT game (and it was amazing)

2 Likes

With all the scheduling news today. Figured this was appropriate. Coach Koward

11 Likes

Really was pretty pathetic that they never went on the road unless forced.

6 Likes

Leader of pansies.

2 Likes

Bill Russell has passed.

17 Likes

saw that. what an amazing man. some people shouldnt be allowed to die

14 Likes

Just seeing the news about Bill he does not get the credit he deserves for all he accomplished

14 Likes

Caddied for him once. Great dude.

11 Likes

He really doesnt. I just hope that NBA guys now who make what they make (and I think they deserve) do real things for the players that came before them and didnt make nearly as much playing and working in the same game

5 Likes

Remember when Russell first said this. Was a great quote for about a day and then the most annoying beer pong line for the next couple of months lol

4 Likes

From the founder of On3. Wtf does this even mean lol

3 Likes

Shannon was way earlier to the tech game and obviously combined it with something he loves. Has plenty of loot and know-how to mess around now and take chances by kinda being different I think.

Translation no clue the F it means

6 Likes

That is a load of marketing hoopla. Well done.

1 Like

Dude was a big Monsters Inc: University fan

monsters inc pixar gif GIF by Disney Pixar

3 Likes