Non-UVA basketball discussion (misc/old games/etc)

Posting it here because it involved different threads it could derail

Caleb Love’s movement and everything in this pick up game clip looks exactly like ElMarko Jackson. Which is strange cause I never thought of that as a player comparison.

told yall Kody is best in transition @Hooandtrue @haney this is how YMCA hoops plays @BDragon

4 Likes

Real talk DC, NYC, Philly, Atl, LA all have at least 2 rec leagues running right now that are better than whatever league that is in their knockoff Hoosiers gym.

3 Likes

Neither of these two are my favorites, but this stuff is good fun / good promo for the sport, and attached to a good cause:

More of this

7 Likes

Remember when we were supposed to have a game with kentucky

3 Likes

When was that? Covid year?

Coach K is rolling over in his coffin.

He’s not dead, just a vampire.

10 Likes

HOW HAS NO ONE STAKED HIM YET?

He’s just going to get back up if we don’t.

Edit - Or, in the immortal words of Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead 3: “It’s a trick. Get an axe.”

5 Likes

We did. They won the Juzang bowl

1 Like

big injury for Paige. Damn.

3 Likes

That’s awful esp after coming off injury last year. Also kinda assumed this was going to be her last yr in college. Maybe it still is

4 Likes

Lot of back n forth debate in the comments including a tweet from Danny (although his point could also be argued back and forth forever).

1 Like

I think Fran is reaching and is 0 for 3 in the points he tries to tweet there

Edit: even though I dont hate the idea of 24 second shot clock in college

1 Like

On the one hand, a 24 second shot clock basically guarantees we get a Tony 2 out of every 3 halves all season long.

On the other hand we might score no points.

6 Likes

There has to be differentiators between the college and NBA product. If the college game were to switch to a 24 second shot clock and 4 quarters instead of two halves like all these analysts want, it would just be a replica of the NBA play style but with considerably less skill.

10 Likes

they dont want it. they are just tweeting nonesense

4 Likes

I think we’ll see 24 seconds in Italy. Well, the 5 people in the gym will see it.

2 Likes

Jerome in the house, watch ya mouth!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg0Sdidp4WZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

5 Likes

Guy doing Man things.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg0Wg51l0QX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

And TMIII and Alvarado

1 Like